Applying to Open Table
NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Open Table for the summer (July 12-19, 2020) has been cancelled.
Who Should Apply
Open Table youth theology institute will host up to 30 high school students from around the country at the University of Evansville. We are looking for young men and women who are interested in learning more about the Christian tradition and its relation to Judaism and Islam, the Abrahamic traditions.
Specific Criteria for Applicants
- Rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Students who desire to learn more about leadership and excellence
- Students whose faith is important to them and/or who want to know more about the Abrahamic traditions
- Open Table is grounded from our United Methodist tradition, but is open to students of all denominations and faith traditions.
- Students who want a college experience where they will be challenged intellectually, theologically, and spiritually.
Open Table 2020: July 12-19
|Who:||High school students who will have completed their freshmen, sophomore, or junior year by May 2019.|
|What:||Open Table youth theology institute|
Sunday morning, July 12, students arrive
Sunday morning, July 19, students depart
|Where:||University of Evansville|
|How:||Fill out the application|
To INGITE your passions!
To learn what it means to extend hospitality!
To INVITE the guests! INSPIRE the world!
|Tuition:||$500.00 per student. Scholarships available for students who demonstrate financial hardship. Students are also responsible for a $50 nonrefundable deposit and any travel expenses they incur to reach the University of Evansville. We strongly encourage churches to sponsor their high schoolers for this incredible opportunity.|
How to Apply
- Submit Online Application
Complete the following forms (emailed to you after your enrollment in Open Table has been confirmed.)
- Open Table Policies and Agreement Form
- Open Table Photo Release Form
- Open Table Health, Travel, Field Trip Waiver, and Housing Information Form