Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the ages of Open Table participants?
- Open Table invites students who are rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors.
- What are the arrival and departure times?
- Students should be arriving at the University of Evansville campus on Sunday morning, July 14 between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. (CST). Students will be departing from UE’s campus on Sunday morning, July 21 between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. (CST).
- How do I get to the University of Evansville?
Directions from the Evansville Regional Airport
- Take US 41 south into Evansville.
- Go past the Lloyd Expressway and the Walnut Street stoplight.
- The next light will be Lincoln Avenue.
- Turn left onto Lincoln Avenue and proceed approximately one mile.
- The University of Evansville will be on your left.
Google Maps - Get directions to UE from anywhere.
Evansville Regional Airport - Find information on direct flights from Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Detroit, and soon Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Where should I park once I arrive on campus?
- Parents and participants may park on available street parking and in the parking lot at the corner of Walnut and Rotherwood. See campus map.
- Will the students be well chaperoned during the week?
- Supporting the students who are participating in Open Table is a primary responsibility and we take it very seriously. We have employed some of UE’s finest undergraduates to serve as college mentors throughout the week. They will be present with the students for all trips and talks in order to chaperone the students and offer any support that is needed. UE’s trained campus summer staff will also be available in the residence halls.
- How do I apply?
- Follow the “How to Apply” page in the main menu of this website which includes the required application and all other necessary materials.
- Does Open Table honor roommate requests?
- We make every effort to honor requests for roommates, but cannot guarantee placement.
- What is the cost to attend?
- Thanks to a generous grant of the Lilly Endowment, Inc., every student admitted to the 2019 Open Table youth theology institute will be awarded a full tuition scholarship valued at over $2,500. The scholarship funds housing, meals, field trips, entry fees for all field trips, UE water bottle and cinch bag, and an Open Table t-shirt. All students must submit a $50.00 deposit with their registration materials. The $50.00 will be returned to students upon successful completion of all Open Table activities, field trips, and events, checking out on July 21.
Students are responsible for any travel expenses they may incur to and from the University of Evansville. Participants need only bring money for personal souvenirs from the UE bookstore, gift shops, and/or personal incidentals.