Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: Unfortunately, due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Open Table for the summer (July 12-19, 2020) has been cancelled.
- What are the ages of Open Table participants?
- Open Table invites students who are rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Rising freshmen may apply, but must demonstrate sufficient maturity in their applications to be accepted.
- What are the arrival and departure times?
- Students should be arriving at the University of Evansville campus on Sunday, July 12, between 9:00-10:00 a.m. (CST). Students will be departing from UE’s campus on Sunday, July 19, between 9:00-10:00 a.m. (CST).
- How do I get to the University of Evansville?
Directions from the Evansville Regional Airport
- Take US 41-South into Evansville
- Go past the Lloyd Expressway and the Walnut Street stoplight
- The next light will be Lincoln Avenue
- Turn left onto Lincoln Avenue and proceed approximately one mile
- The University of Evansville will be on your left
- Where should I park once I arrive on campus?
- Parents and participants may park on available street parking, and in the parking lot at the corner of Walnut and Rotherwood.
- Can students with drivers' licenses drive themselves to campus?
- If students wish to drive themselves to campus, they will need to use street parking. Students are not permitted to use their vehicles after arriving on campus until they depart at the end of Open Table.
- Will the students be well chaperoned during the week?
- The safety of the students participating in Open Table is our primary responsibility and we take it very seriously. We have employed some of UE’s finest undergraduates to serve as College Mentors throughout the week. They will be present with the students for all trips in order to chaperone the students and offer any support that is needed. UE’s trained campus summer staff will also be available in the residence halls.
- Does Open Table honor roommate requests?
- We make every effort to honor requests for roommates, but cannot guarantee placement.
- What is the cost to attend?
- Tuition is $500.00 per student. This tuition covers the cost of meals and lodging. (Other funds are provided through the generosity of the Lilly Endowment Inc.) All students must submit a $50.00 deposit with their registration materials. Students are responsible for any travel expenses incurred on their way to the University of Evansville.
- Are there scholarships available?
- Yes, there are a few scholarships available for students who demonstrate financial hardship in their application. Money should never be the reason a student cannot participate.