Meet the International Orientation Leaders (IOLs)
Your IOLs are so excited for your arrival to campus! These students were selected by the office of Cultural Engagement and International Services because they demonstrate leadership qualities, are passionate and energetic about college and international cultures, and want to make your transition to life at UE and in the US as smooth as possible. You will get to know each of them during International Orientation, but for now, you can learn a little about them by clicking on their profiles!
Major: Neuroscience, Psychology
- Name: Farrah Beidas
- Hometown/Country: USA/Palestine
- Major: Neuroscience, Psychology
- Why I chose UE: Not only was UE accommodating to my needs when it came to education and my major, but they were my top pick. UE’s small campus reminded me of a small community that I had back home, so I truly felt safe and a part of a family. Not to mention that UE’s #1 study abroad program definitely piqued my interest, so that made UE a clear choice for me!
Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Name: Aniekan Ekanem
- Hometown/Country: Nigeria
- Major: Mechanical Engineering
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because I heard good things from the friends I had here. Upon coming here, I realized that the atmosphere was beyond friendly. Excellent learning environment, fantastic faculty members, and exceptional lifetime friends.
- Name: Émile Moura
- Hometown/Country: Ouro Branco, Brazil
- Major: Biology
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because of the feeling I got when I visited the campus. Everyone was so friendly, and I could see that there was a true sense of community! Also, the professors seemed so passionate about teaching and interested in helping their students!
Major: Public Health
- Name: Anazuo Ohieku-Ajanaku
- Hometown/Country: Lagos, Nigeria
- Major: Public Health
- Why I chose UE: I knew that I wanted to be in a place that valued individual growth of each student, and UE was the right fit. Even with its size, it has so much to offer in terms of academics and extracurricular activities. Every day, I find a reason to be glad I came to UE and wouldn’t have it any other way.
- Name: Pamela Oliva
- Hometown/Country: San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Major: Accounting
- Why I chose UE: UE offers excellent scholarship opportunities for international students, and provides a diverse environment in which people from different cultures can interact.
Major: Theatre Design & Technology, International Relations
- Name: Theda Soldatou
- Hometown/Country: Athens, Greece
- Major: Theatre Design & Technology, International Relations
- Why I chose UE: I was recruited to be a member of the women’s tennis team. Besides my love for the team and the sport, I was amazed with the large international community and the opportunities offered by the small size of the classes.
- Name: Hussam Taj
- Hometown/Country: Islamabad, Pakistan
- Major: Marketing
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because it is a small school with a diverse community. This helps build close connections with professors and friends, which is very crucial for the future.