Meet the International Orientation Leaders (IOLs)
Your IOLs are so excited for your arrival to campus! These students were selected by the office of Cultural Engagement and International Services because they demonstrate leadership qualities, are passionate and energetic about college and international cultures, and want to make your transition to life at UE and in the US as smooth as possible. You will get to know each of them during International Orientation, but for now, you can learn a little about them by clicking on their profiles!
Kyaw Kyaw (Joe) Htet
Major: Civil Engineering
- Name: Kyaw Kyaw (Joe) Htet
- Hometown/Country: Myanmar, Burma
- Major: Civil Engineering
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because UE is a small campus, the student can have close contact and attention on their weaknesses from their professor to have better college experiences.
- Name: Zaya Lumumba
- Hometown/Country: USAa
- Major: Biochemistry
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because of the small, family-like environment. At UE you aren’t just a number, you’re a valuable member of the community, and they make sure you feel that way.
- Name: Malia Metelues
- Hometown/Country: USA
- Major: Psychology
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE for the small size and individualized attention to students and the excellent study abroad opportunities.
- Name: Pamela Oliva
- Hometown/Country: San Pedro Sula, Honduras
- Major: Accounting
- Why I chose UE: UE offers excellent scholarship opportunities for international students, and provides a diverse environment in which people from different cultures can interact.
- Name: Kelsey Preocanin
- Hometown/Country: USA/Canada
- Major: Nursing
- Why I chose UE: I applied to 22 schools but felt most comfortable during my visits to UE. I was interested in UE’s study abroad and nursing programs. At UE, I could minor in French in addition to my nursing major which is unusual for nursing programs in the USA and Canada.
- Name: Dan Setton
- Hometown/Country: Maceió, Brazil
- Major: Marketing
- Why I chose UE: Not only did UE fit my academic aspirations, but it also provided me with the means to succeed in the US. International scholarships make the school affordable and I really liked UE when I visited the campus. Finally, given my eagerness for study abroad opportunities, UE's Harlaxton study abroad program really caught my attention!
Major: Neuroscience, Cognitive Science
- Name: Ariana Paredes
- Hometown/Country: Cusco, Peru
- Major: Neuroscience, Cognitive Science
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because of the amazing exchange program that it has. Study abroad was important to me when choosing a university. Besides, I wanted to contribute to my university community, and UE was the perfect place to achieve it because of its small campus.
Andrea Ruiz Ramis
Major: Neuroscience, Psychology
- Name: Andrea Ruiz Ramis
- Hometown/Country: Madrid, Spain
- Major: Neuroscience, Psychology
- Why I chose UE: I chose UE because I was recruited to be part of the Swimming team and at the same time I could study what I am most passionate about. I love the large international community at UE because I have had the opportunity to meet so many amazing people from around the world.