Summer Sessions I and II Tuition, Fees, and Financial Aid
2016 Tuition and Fees
- Tuition rate is $505 per credit hour, $50 registration fee for each summer session and $30 technology fee for each summer session.
Summer courses dropped before the term begins will be refunded at 100%. All drops processed after the term begins will be subject to the appropriate summer refund policy.
Specific refund questions should be directed to the Office of Student Accounts, 812-488-2565.
One week course or shorter Drop any time 100% Charge Two, three or four week courses Drop during first day 25% Charge Drop thereafter 100% Charge Five, six or seven week courses Drop during first week 25% Charge Drop during second week 50% Charge Drop thereafter 100% Charge Eight or nine week courses Drop during first week 25% Charge Drop during second week 50% Charge Drop during third week 75% Charge Drop thereafter 100% Charge Ten-week courses Drop during first week 10% Charge Drop during second week 25% Charge Drop during third week 50% Charge Drop during fourth week 75% Charge Drop thereafter 100% Charge
- Financial aid is available to UE students in degree-seeking programs enrolled in coursework through UE.
The types of summer aid are indicated below. Contact the Office of Financial Aid (812-488-2364) for more information about aid eligibility. In all cases, except for student employment, a Summer Financial Aid Application should be completed indicating the courses and enrollment plan for summer and returned to the OFA as soon as possible.
- Federal Direct Loans if remaining eligibility exists from the current aid year (6 hours required)
- Federal Parent Loan (PLUS)
- Private Educational Loan
- Veterans Benefits: Contact Hilary Morales, Veteran’s Benefits Coordinator, regarding using Veterans Benefits for summer (812-488-2148).
- Employee and Employee Dependent Tuition Remission: Contact the Office of Human Resources (812-488-2943).
- Student athletes receiving full basketball scholarships
- Summer employment is available (enrollment in summer courses is NOT REQUIRED). Contact Catherine Carver, Work-study Coordinator (812-488-5003).