Guest rooms coordinated through the Office of Residence Life are reserved for guests of current residents, people with an academic purpose on the campus, and visiting alumni. Guest rooms are typically standard residence hall rooms or apartments with a private bath. These accommodations come with basic furniture – pillows, bed linens, and towels are not provided.
Reservations can be made by calling the Office of Residence Life at 812-488-2956 or coming into the Residence Life Office located on the second floor of the Ridgway University Center (room 225). All visitors requesting guest housing must either be a guest of a current resident, have an academic purpose at UE (campus tour, recruiting), or be a visiting alum. Guest Housing is reserved on a first come-first-served basis. Rooms cannot be held without payment.
Rates and Payment
Guest room rates are $35/night ($45/night if an apartment setting is available). Payment is due at the time of reservation. Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to get a refund. There is no refund for cancellations after that point. Cash, check, and most credit accepted.
- Cash - Accepted for exact amount. The office does not have change.
- Check - Make check payable to “University of Evansville”.
- Credit - Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express is accepted.
Length of Stay
Rooms are reserved on a first come, first served basis. Guest room housing is available for individuals visiting the campus for a short period of time. Typically the length of stay is limited to five nights. Guest rooms are available only during the academic year (excluding breaks and space permitting). Linens, sheets and pillows are not provided.
Operating Schedule for the 2015-16 academic year:
- Fall 2015: August 19, 2015 - December 16, 2015.
- Winter Break: Guest rooms are not available over the Winter Break.
- Spring 2016: January 8 2016 - May 8, 2016.
Check-in and check-out
Occupants obtain their key from the Office of Safety and Security. Check-in begins at 3:00 p.m. Check-out is to be done by 11:00 a.m. on the departure date.
Remember: Linens are not provided for guest rooms; please bring your own sheets, towels, blanket, and pillows.
Rooms are not available over winter break or during the summer.
Residence hall guest rooms at $35 per night:
- Hughes 125 – Half flight of stairs leads to guest room with one double bed, private bathroom and shower Includes bedroom and a living area with couch and coffee table, desk, and access to a small MicroFridge.
- Morton 120 – Residence hall furniture including two twin beds and a private bathroom and shower.
- Moore S3 – Half flight of stairs leads to guest room residence hall furniture including two twin beds and a private bathroom and shower
- Moore N3 – Half flight of stairs leads to guest room residence hall furniture including two twin beds and a private bathroom and shower
- Moore S104 – Two twin beds, bathroom / shower (currently unavailable for 2015-16)
- Moore 110 – Two twin beds, bathroom / shower (currently unavailable for 2015-16)
- Moore N104 – Two twin beds, bathroom / /shower (currently unavailable for 2015-16)
Apartment style guest rooms at $45 per night:
- North Hall 106 – Two bedrooms, each with a twin bed. Apartment has private bath, vanity, full kitchen, and living room. ADA Accessible.