Students wishing to live in one of the University residence halls have two options:
Claim an open room in your current hall: You will have the opportunity to select a room in your current residence hall based on your academic class status. This process will take place at your hall office from 9:30-10:30 p.m. on the following dates:
- Monday March 14 - Rising Senior Date (75+ credit hours) & Rising Junior Date (44 - 74 credit hours)
- Tuesday March 15 - Rising Sophomore Date (<43 credit hours)
- Residence Hall Lottery Process: If you do not wish to live in your current hall again next year, you will have the opportunity to select a room in another hall through the Residence Hall Lottery Process.
Note: Any spaces reclaimed or chosen during this process are subject to adjustment or reassignment by the Office of Residence Life if necessary.
Things to Remember:
- Once your select a room, you cannot try for another room either within your hall or another hall.
- Please have a roommate in mind when you sign up for a room.
- Be sure you have submitted your online housing contract between February 29 – March 4. The online housing contract is available through WebAdvisor.
- Please bring your student ID when you select a room.
- PROXY INFORMATION: If you are unable to be there for a housing selection, it is possible to send another person in your place. This person is known as your proxy. Your proxy must bring your student ID to select a room for you. Please make sure your proxy knows all your choices and preferences. Your proxy will not be able to fill out your online housing contract or any other housing documents for you. Please have the necessary documents ready for your proxy in advance.
- Once you have your room assignment, you are finished with the housing process.
- If you desire to pay extra for a single room, let us know when you select housing. You will be placed on our priority single room wait list.