New Hall Assignments
The New Hall housing process offers rising sophomore students an opportunity to apply for a space in New Hall. The majority of these units available for sophomore students in New Hall are four-person occupancy; however, some six-person occupancy units can be available.
More information on specific New Hall units can be found in the New Hall website.
Assignments are made based on the combined earned credit hours of the group, coupled with the need to fill all available pods. Please note that while New Hall units are available to rising sophomore students, there is not adequate space to house all students requesting placement in this facility.
- New Hall Request Cards Available (Monday, February 27 – March 3): Groups meeting the above criteria can pick up New Hall requests cards from the Office of Residence Life.
- New Hall Request Cards Due (Friday, March 3): Completely fill out and turn in your request card to the Office of Residence Life no later than 5:00 p.m. Late requests will not be accepted.
- Note: If you apply with less than full occupancy (4 or 6 roommates) you will be paired with others who also apply with less than full occupancy to fill a unit. The houses of the newly formed group will be considered for placement.
- New Hall Assignments Emailed (March 13)
- New Hall Placements will be assigned by Residence Life Staff based on returned New Hall Request Cards; taking into consideration the preferences indicated on the New Hall Request Cards and the need to fill available New Hall pods.
* Students must have submitted all required materials to be assigned housing. Required materials include a contract and registration via Self-Service as well as any additional registration materials (i.e. request cards for New Residence Hall and/or Villages, Village supplemental agreements, etc.). Individual housing preferences will be taken into consideration as well as the availability of space for 2023-2024. The University reserves the right to make or change assignments, assign a new roommate, or consolidate spaces at any point in the academic year bases on the needs of the program.