The information below is for the 2017-18 school year:
Students living on campus at the University of Evansville have access to a full range of cable channels from Spectrum (previously Time Warner Cable a.k.a. TWC).
All residence hall rooms come with a single cable connection for local digital programming, while rooms in the Villages have one or more cable outlets depending on the floor plan. Students are responsible for bringing their own digital television with a built in QAM tuner.
- Please avoid purchasing televisions with only the over the air (antenna digital tuner such as the Element. This is not the same as a QAM digital tuner.
- Campus residents are not eligible for a mini box. (Spectrum Cable has phased out mini boxes).
For Village Apartments, Houses, and Townhouses
Check listings on-line on the Spectrum Website. Insert 47714 as your zip code. You can then access channel line-ups from this Spectrum site.
For Residence Halls and Jones Hall
Spectrum Channel Line-up for Residences Hals and Jones Hall
|7||PEG CHANNEL 7|
|22||shop zeal 8|
|39||BIG 10 NETWORK|
|40||CNN HEADLINE NEWS|
|47||FOX SPORTS MIDWEST|
|48||FOX SPORTS OHIO|
|58||TV LAND EAST|
|63||FOX Sports 1|
|69||GOLF CHANNEL EAST|
Each residence hall has common areas with a public access TV. Digital televisions carry digital channel line-ups. Analog televisions carry channel line-ups for a set-top box. Here are locations of common area TVs:
- Hale Hall has one common area TV located in the first floor game room.
- Hughes Hall has two common area TVs. These are located in main lounges on the first floor and basement.
- Moore Hall has three common area TVs. Two are located in main lounges on the first floor and basement, and one is located in the basement community room.
- Morton/Brentano has three common area TVs. A big screen TV is located in The Pit lounge. Two smaller TVs are located in lounges next to the hall kitchens.
- Schroeder Hall has two common area TVs. These are located in the main lounge and in the Game Room.
- Powell Hall has three common area TVs. These are located in the main lobby, the third floor corner lounge, and the second floor game room.
- Jones Hall has one common area TV. It is located in one of the two first floor lounges.
- Ridgway has common area TVs located in Rademacher’s Lounge across from the coffee shop on the first floor.
To get access to assistance or repairs, see Cable Services and Repairs.
There are multiple ways to connect your smart TV to get content:
- Access to smart functions through an Ethernet connection
- Access to smart functions through UEsmartnet with a MAC Address Registration
- Access to Spectrum Cable TV through your TV’s built-in QAM tuner and a coaxial cable connection
RSA Presents: Ace Cinema
AceCinema is a FREE video streaming service funded through Resident Students Association (RSA).
Learn more information about AceCinema.