Alternative Spring Break
Thank you for your interest in the NEW Alternative Spring Break program here at UE! Currently, we have plans to travel down to the Houston, Texas (or the surrounding area) to provide long-term disaster response work. Most of the details of the trip are yet to be confirmed because of the fluid and ever-changing nature of disaster relief.
The cost is estimated to be up to $450 per student, and would cover all food, lodging, and travel. We are working on securing funding sources to reduce this cost, but we may not have notice until later in November, but before the initial deposit is due.
What we know so far:
- We are working with the group Community Collaborations International.
- The trip will run from March 3 - 11, 2018
- The group will travel via minivans and the drive is about 14 hours each way to Houston.
- We will take two days to travel each way, staying overnight in either churches or community centers.
For more information, we will be holding two Info Sessions in Eykamp 253 on Thursday, October 18 from 8:00 - 9:00 p.m. and again on Tuesday, October 24 from 12:15 - 12:45 p.m.
- Interest Form: Wednesday, October 25, 2017 (optional and not required to participate)
- Initial Deposit: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 (most likely required)
- Final Deposit: Wednesday, January 11, 2018 (required)