University of Evansville

Tuition and Aid

More than 95 percent of UE students receive some form of financial aid.

Establishing Financial Aid Eligibility

Students must first be admitted to the University of Evansville through either the Office of Admission (freshman, transfers, re-en¬try students), the Center for Adult Education (global leadership, organizational leadership, individualized studies, public service administration), or through an academic department (RN to BSN, graduate programs for DPT transfer students, HSA, PTA, MSCSE, or Transitions to Teaching) before any type of financial aid can be offered or processed. International students must apply through the UE Office of International Admission and are eligible only for UE scholarships and UE work-study.

In order to be eligible for federal and state financial aid, a student must:

  • Have a high school diploma or GED
  • Be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen
  • Have a valid Social Security Number (SSN)
  • Comply with Selective Service registration, if male
  • Not be in default on any federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal student grant

Continuing eligibility for federal and state financial aid requires that students continue to file the FAFSA annually, maintain sat-isfactory academic progress, not be convicted under federal or state law of the sale or possession of drugs while receiving federal student aid, and continue to be a degree-seeking student enrolled in appropriate aid-eligible credits.

UE Merit-based Scholarships

Freshmen and transfer students: Students entering traditional undergraduate degree programs may be considered for and awarded University of Evansville merit-based scholarships. Mer¬it-based scholarships are awarded only at the time of acceptance to UE. (See exceptions under Other Awards.) The types of scholarships offered, standards for selection, amounts, and renewal criteria may change with each new academic year. Awards are administered throughout the student’s UE career according to the policy in place at the time the award is offered. Awards that are discontinued will be available for continuing students. University of Evansville merit-based scholarships are available for full-time enrollment during fall or spring semesters. With the exception of students admitted to the Doctor of Physical Therapy program, there are no UE scholarships or need-based grants for students who already possess a bachelor’s degree.

All other students: Neither University of Evansville merit-based scholarships nor UE need-based grants are available for students in programs administered by the Center for Adult Education, graduate students, RN to BSN, or Transitions to Teaching; however, need-based aid from federal and state of Indiana sources may be available.

Need-based Financial Aid

The University of Evansville assesses eligibility for all forms of need-based financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). It is not necessary to file the FAFSA to apply for or to renew a UE merit-based scholarship. However, all other forms of financial aid require that the FAFSA be filed annually to establish and renew eligibility. Need-based aid may come from federal, state, and University sources, and may include grants (gift-assistance that is not repaid), student loans (repaid by the student after college), and federal work-study (a job on campus). We encourage all UE students to file the FAFSA annually between January 1 and March 10 to ensure maximum consideration for all forms of need-based aid for the next academic year. Indiana residents must file the FAFSA by March 10 each year to apply for grants funded by the Indiana Division of Student Financial Aid (SFA).

Back to the Award Guide Topics