UE Need-based Grants

Eligibility for UE need-based grant aid is established at the time of enrolling at UE, and rarely are additional need-based grants available for continuing UE students. UE need-based grants are available only for full-time, domestic, undergraduate students admitted through the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Eligibility is determined by the results of the FAFSA and amounts vary according to financial need. Renewal requires annual completion of the FAFSA, continued demonstration of financial need and achievement of satisfactory academic progress. By filing the FAFSA, students are automatically considered for all need-based grants. UE need-based grants are not added to full-tuition awards. Types of UE need-based grants include UE Grant, Kentucky-Indiana Partners Grant (KIP), Minister’s Dependent Grant, and Martin Luther King Jr. Award.

Federal Grants

Eligibility for federal grants is established by filing the FAFSA. Unless stated otherwise, the student must be enrolled full-time and working on the first bachelor’s degree.

Federal Pell Grant: A federal grant for students demonstrating high financial need. Available for full-time or part-time students. Federal regulations limit a student’s lifetime use of the Federal Pell Grant to the equivalent of six years of full-time eligibility.
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG): A federal grant awarded to students who also receive a Pell Grant. Awards are reserved for applicants with the highest need, as calculated by the FAFSA.

Back to the Award Guide Topics

Office Phone:

Office E-mail:

Office Location:
Room 116, Olmsted Administration Hall