2013 Alumni Directory Project
Every five years, the University of Evansville Alumni Association prints an alumni directory. Preparation for the 2013 directory project has just begun. Over the next few months, Publishing Concepts, Inc. (PCI) will contact alumni like you via mail, phone, and e-mail to request that you update your information. We understand that you might not want to provide your information to just anyone, so we want you to know that their request for your information is legitimate. Below is information about the project and PCI. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations at 812 488-2586 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a directory for University of Evansville. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce our new alumni directory. PCI is a company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows University of Evansville to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our alumni and how we can better serve you and future alumni.
- 2. How do I know my information will only be used for directory purposes?
University of Evansville has a contractual agreement with PCI that states:
- The names, addresses and information provided to PCI by University of Evansville for the publication of the Directory will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Directory and except as required by court order or law.
- The Directory will be made available only to alumni of University of Evansville listed in the Directory. Upon completion of the project, PCI will return to University of Evansville any and all electronic files that have been supplied by University of Evansville or produced by PCI in connection with the production of the Directory.
- 3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the University of Evansville project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI's customer service desk at 1.800.395.4724.
- 4. Can anyone purchase a directory?
The University of Evansville alumni Directory is available for sale only to University of Evansville alumni.
- 5. When will I receive my directory?
The total duration of the directory project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in July of 2012, the directories will be distributed in July of 2013.
- 6. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the directory?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk (1.800.395.4724) or to the Office of Alumni and Parent Relations.
- 7. I ordered a directory/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 1.800.395.4724, and they will take care of this for you.