Walayet Khan, PhD, is among UE's talented business faculty who work alongside finance students to help prepare them for successful careers in today's global business market.
Ranked #1 in the nation in the 30 Great Small Colleges for Accounting and Finance Degrees*
- 98 percent Job Placement Rate.
- 96st percentile in the 2014 Major Field Test (MFT) versus 500 business schools.
- Recent employments: Ernst and Young, Fifth Third Bank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, KSM Consulting, Mead Johnson Nutrition, SS&C Technologies, and Vectren.
Finance majors at the University of Evansville gain a thorough understanding of financial markets, preparing them for successful careers as finance professionals and financial advisors. Graduates enjoy rewarding careers as advisors within business organizations and as financial advisors providing individuals or firms advice on how best to utilize their financial resources.
Institute for Banking and Finance (IBF)
The IBF is full of innovative experiential opportunities to apply your financial knowledge.
- Microfinance with Old National Bank (ONB): Manage a $100,000 portfolio, which offers microloans to women and minority owned businesses.
- Financial Literacy with St. Mary’s Hospital: Train expecting parents on the impact their new baby will have on their financial lives.
- Farm Leading Fellowship with Farm Credit Mid-America (FCMA): Students apply for a $500 Fellowship and meet CEO Bill Johnson (FCMA) and his C-level executive team. Participate in financial leadership development and learn about the Farm Lending industry.
- Financial Research with Hilliard Lyons: Conduct consumer research for Hilliard Lyons and work alongside our excellent faculty (Yasser Alhenawi, PhD, and Atefeh Yazdanparast, PhD).
- Investments with Donaldson Capital Management (DCM): You will be assigned five clients that have invested $100,000 into a fund that you manage. Meet your clients, understand their goals, make your investment decisions, defend your positions in the market, and discuss your fund’s performance with your clients.
- The Purple Aces Fund: Oversee a $400,000+ "Purple Aces" fund and work alongside Professor of Finance Walayet Khan. Your recommendations have a real impact on your client, the finance program in Schroeder School of Business.
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Finance Major
This degree requires completion of 124 semester hours, allocated as follows:
General Education – 41 hours: including Quantitative Methods 227; Management 497
Common Core – 45 hours: The purpose of the common core is to provide students with careful preparation in the fundamental tools of decision making and leadership. All finance majors complete the following courses: Accounting 210, 211; Business 398, 400; Economics 101, 102; Experiential Education 90; Finance 361; Interdisciplinary 150; Law 201; Management 310, 311, 331, 377; Marketing 325; Mathematics 134 or higher; Software Application 110.
Finance Major – 18 hours: Finance 362; four or more courses selected from Finance 372, 380*, 395*, 426, 462, 470, 478, 482; one or more courses selected from Accounting 310, 317, Economics 300, 435. (*Only one independent study or special topics course will be counted in the major.)
Electives – 20 hours
*Master of Finance Degree used criteria including accreditation, national ranking, and unique program features to assemble its 2015 list of 30 Great Small Colleges for an Accounting and Finance Degree.