The University of Evansville offers a variety of ensembles in both instrumental and vocal areas. Our ensembles perform concerts both on and off campus throughout the year.
- Wind, String, Percussion Chamber Ensembles
- University Choir, Men's Chorus, Women's Chorus, Kantorei
- Jazz Band I, Jazz Band II
- Opera Scenes, Opera Production
- University Symphony Orchestra, String Ensemble
- Wind Ensemble, University Band, Athletic Bands
Music is an integral part of the University's commitment to a liberal arts education. We welcome and encourage students from all other disciplines to participate along with our music majors in any of these ensembles.
Orchestra / String Ensemble
the orchestras bulletin board in Krannert Fine Arts Building, across from FA101. For their audition, students must play:
- One 2 or 3 octave scale of their choosing
- A brief solo (approximately two minutes long)
- Passages from movement 3 of Rimsky-Korsakov’s Second Symphony, Third Version (link below). Students are expected to prepare the entire movement.
Note: Violinists wishing to be placed in the first violin section must demonstrate shifting in their scale and solo.
- Timpani and Percussion
- Trombones Tuba
- Violin I
- Violin II
Wind Ensemble / University Band
Percussion Auditions: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 at 8:00-10:00 p.m. in FA 103.
Woodwinds/Brass Auditions: Thursday, August 28, 2014 at 3:00-10:00 p.m. in FA 103.
- A sign-up sheet is available on the UE Bands bulletin board.
- The audition will consist of prepared excerpts, scales, and sight-reading.
- Please note: Wind Ensemble will not meet on Thursday, August 29, due to auditions.
- First rehearsal will be Tuesday, September 2.