UE Summer Camp
3rd Annual Wesley Shepard Summer Music Camp – 2013
Band, Orchestra, and now Choir too!
Sunday June 23rd-Saturday 29th, 2013
Day Camp - $185
Overnight Camp - $435
Limited number of scholarships available for qualifying students
The University of Evansville Department of Music will be hosting our music camp again this summer, and this year we will have a choral program to go along with our band and orchestra programs. Student eligible to join include students who have completed at least one school year in band, orchestra, or chorus, or similar experience.
- Sunday, June 23rd - auditions 1:00-2:30 p.m. Your child will be scheduled for a short 5-10 minute audition within this time; ensemble results will be posted shortly afterward.
- 3:00-5:00 p.m. - all ensembles first rehearsal
- Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. daily
- Saturday Concert in the Victory Theater: approximately 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
The camp runs from Sunday afternoon June 23rd through Saturday June 29th, with day camp and overnight camp options (open registration begins April 1st). Students will rehearse and perform in a band, choir, or orchestra, receive instruction in like-instrument/voice groups, learn music theory, and have a choice of music-related electives. There will be a final concert on Saturday, June 29th at the beautiful Victory Theater in downtown Evansville. Day camp tuition of $185 includes hot lunch each day in the Ridgway Student Center, as well as recreation time using the University of Evansville’s recreation and athletic facilities and pool. Overnight campers tuition of $435 includes the same as what day campers receive plus six nights (one more than last year) in the dormitories and breakfast and dinner, plus additional evening activities such as movies, athletic activities, and guest performances.Some new and continuing benefits of our camp:
- Students will learn from University of Evansville faculty as well as outstanding music educators from the tri-state area.
- Expanded elective choices may include jazz band, beginning or intermediate guitar, jazz improvisation, conducting, world drumming, beginning piano, fiddling, chamber music ensembles (electives offered based on student interest; class sizes may be limited).
- Students will learn music theory skills in small classes which will help them sight-read music more accurately and understand the language of music.
- Students will make new friends, have an enjoyable experience, and develop new skills which can give them an advantage in their music programs the next year.
- Students will perform their final concerts in the beautiful historic Victory Theater in downtown Evansville.
- Limited number of scholarships available. Scholarship applications will be sent after receipt of student registration form and non-refundable $45 payment. Scholarship application packets require additional information.
Please feel free to contact the Camp Director, Dr. Tim Groulx with any questions or comments.
Mailing address: UE Summer Music Camp
Email: email@example.com c/o Tim Groulx