UE Summer Camp
4th Annual University of Evansville Wesley Shepard Summer Music Camp - 2014
Instrumental Music Camp for Band and Orchestra Students
Sunday, June 22, 2014 - Saturday, June 28, 2014
Day Camp - (Price to be announced in January 2014)
Overnight Camp - (Price to be announced in January 2014)
The University of Evansville Department of Music will host our music camp again this summer. This camp includes band and orchestra programs. Student eligible to join include students who have completed at least one school year in band, orchestra, or similar experience.
- Sunday afternoon/early evening: seating auditions and first rehearsal
- Monday-Friday: approximately 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m. daily (early dropoff breakfast option available)
- Small ensembles and jazz band concert Friday night, 7:00-8:00pm
- Saturday Band and Orchestra Concert in the Victory Theater, 10:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
The camp will run from Sunday, June 22, 2014 through Saturday, June 28, 2014, with day camp and overnight camp options (open registration begins spring, 2014). Students will rehearse and perform in a band or orchestra, receive instruction in like-instrument/voice groups, learn music theory, and have a choice of music-related electives. There will be a final concert on Saturday, June 28, 2014 at the beautiful Victory Theater in downtown Evansville. Day camp tuition includes hot lunch each day in the Ridgway Student Center, as well as recreation time using the University of Evansville’s recreation and athletic facilities (pool may be available as well). Overnight campers tuition includes the same as what day campers receive plus six nights in the dormitories and breakfast and dinner, plus additional evening activities such as social and recreational activities and guest performances.Some new and continuing benefits of our camp:
- Students will learn from University of Evansville faculty as well as outstanding music educators from the tri-state area.
- Expanded elective choices may include jazz band, beginning or intermediate guitar, jazz improvisation, conducting, world drumming, beginning piano, fiddling, chamber music ensembles (electives offered based on student interest; class sizes may be limited).
- Students will learn music theory skills in small classes which will help them sight-read music more accurately and understand the language of music.
- Students will make new friends, have an enjoyable experience, and develop new skills which can give them an advantage in their music programs the next year.
- Students will perform their final concerts in the beautiful historic Victory Theater in downtown Evansville.
Please feel free to contact the Camp Director, Dr. Tim Groulx with any questions or comments.
Mailing address: UE Summer Music Camp
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Tim Groulx