Principal - Harlaxton College
Harlaxton College is the British campus of the University of Evansville, located near Grantham, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom. The College brings together classroom teaching and learning, travel, life in a historic English manor house, student development programming, and cultural opportunities together as a unified whole for students and the Harlaxton College community. Additionally, the Harlaxton Manor hosts a variety of seminars, conferences, and events, especially during the summer months.
The Principal is the Chief Executive and Academic Officer of Harlaxton College and Chief Administrative officer of Harlaxton Manor, and reports to the University of Evansville Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs. The Principal is responsible for developing and articulating the vision and mission of the College among its constituents, and provides leadership and operational direction for all aspects of the College and Manor.
- Provides leadership for all academic programs and services
- Provides leadership for all student programs and services
- Oversees physical facilities and fiscal operations
- Meets with the Board of Trustees (BOT) when called upon by the President or Senior Vice President, Academic Affairs to advise on issues related to the College and/or Manor, and participates in the work of the BOT through its International Engagement Committee
- A terminal degree in one of the disciplines represented at the University of Evansville
- A minimum of five years faculty experience at an accredited American college or university
- A minimum of five years higher education administrative experience with progressively greater responsibilities, including experience as an academic dean or higher position
- Eligible for employment in the United Kingdom
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Candidates should send a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, and names, addresses, phone numbers and e-mail contact information of at least four references. References will be contacted only after a short list is developed and with consent of the applicant. Electronic applications (Word or PDF files) are preferred, and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If hardcopy applications are necessary, they should be addressed to Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, University of Evansville, 1800 Lincoln Avenue, Evansville, IN 47722.
The University of Evansville operates under a non-discriminatory policy with regard to race, color, creed or religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.