To enhance your leadership skills, UE students have the opportunity to join one of three leadership groups on campus:
UE Leadership Academy
UELA is a two-year commitment during which members graduate from three tiers:
- Tier I: Personal Leadership
- Tier II: Peer Leadership
- Tier III: Community Leadership
Members of UELA are selected through an application process and are directed by a student advisory council and a staff advisor.
Students In Leadership
Students in Leadership are a group of students dedicated to prepare men and women for successful lives, both personally and professionally. This group educates the campus community about leadership topics and has open events on campus for student participation.
Campus Leadership Conference
Students in Leadership will be hosting a campus leadership conference on Saturday February 23, 2013 in the Schroeder School of Business.
All students are encouraged to apply online between January 7, 2013 and February 1, 2013. The first thirty registrants will receive a free copy of Social Excellence: We Dare You by Matthew G. Mattson, Jessica Gendron Williams & Josh Orendi, the basis for our Keynote Program.
- Keynote Program: Social Excellence by Phired Up Productions: “Social Excellence [n]: A state of perpetual generosity, curiosity, positivity, and openness to limitless possibility. A desire to intentionally connect with others. The ability to engage in deep, meaningful conversation. Acting in a responsible and respectable manner with high expectations of others. Being authentic and living everyday with integrity as the best version of oneself. Being confident and vulnerable. Being fun and compassionate. Being open, kind, and bold. The highest level of societal participation and contribution.”
- Lunch with Evansville professionals
- Interview preparation with the Center for Career Development
Apply Online (Deadline February 1, 2013)
National Society for Leadership and Success (Sigma Alpha Pi)
UE is a member institution of the National Society of Leadership and Success. To be a member, students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA. NSLS offers leadership development and success preparation for students through a series of training programs and speakers. The speakers are open to the campus and are presented in web format.