Financial Aid Calendar For 2013-14
FAFSA: Students may still file the 2013-14 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov to be considered for need-based aid, including federal student loans. Once your FAFSA has been filed, please respond immediately to any requests you receive from the Office of Financial Aid to correct your FAFSA or provide verification documents. UE’s FAFSA code is 001795.
ONGOING - IRS DATA RETRIEVAL: If estimated tax information was used to complete your FAFSA, we encourage you to correct your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval feature. Go to fafsa.gov, log in to the student’s FAFSA, select “Make FAFSA Corrections,” and navigate to the Financial Information section. From there, follow the links to transfer the student/parent 2012 IRS income tax information into the student’s FAFSA. It takes up to two weeks for IRS income information to be available for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool for electronic IRS tax return filers, and up to eight weeks for paper IRS tax return filers. If you need more information about using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool contact our office.
MAY: WE CHECK GRADES AND CREDIT HOURS EARNED: After the completion of the spring semester, the Office of Financial Aid must review students’ academic records to determine if they have met the requirements known as Satisfactory Academic Progress. Students who are deficient in meeting these standards are notified immediately via email and US mail and are ineligible for any form of aid (including loans) until the deficiencies are corrected.
JUNE: Financial Aid Notification Letters are mailed in late June to your preferred address on file. Please make sure that your preferred address is accurate in UE’s system. Only students with complete files will receive awards.
- What GPA must I maintain in order to keep my UE Scholarship?
- What is the UE Housing Policy as it relates to my UE-funded financial aid?
- Why is March 10th so important in filing my FAFSA each year?
- What are the standards for Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to renew my financial aid?
- What are the new GPA requirements for state of Indiana grant renewal for students entering college in fall 2012?
- What is the difference between a subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loan?
- Why did I get a revised financial aid letter with some of my UE scholarship renamed?
- What types of educational loans are available?
- May I request that my financial aid be extended for a fifth year or ninth semester?