Application Essay Requirements
Traditional undergraduate applicants will need to submit an essay of 250-650 words on one of the following topics:
- Describe a book, movie/documentary, or music selection that has had an influence on you and explain that influence.
- Explain why you believe that attending the University of Evansville will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
- Tell about an important person in your life who has had a significant impact on you and why.
- Graded essay or composition from your junior or senior year. (Include the teacher's notes and grade received.)
Physical therapy direct entry applicants should respond to the following topic. Choose one of the American Physical Therapy association's (APTA) core values, and write an essay that describes how you observed a physical therapist demonstrate this value. Use the APTA's description of the core value for your essay completion.
Physical therapist assistant applicants should respond to the following topic. Describe in detail what you have done to explore the role of the physical therapist assistant and how it differs from that of the physical therapist. Other than the desire to help people, why do you want to be a physical therapist assistant?