Neuroscience Honor Society Chapter Coming to the University of Evansville
Posted: December 6, 2012
The University of Evansville has received the 29th charter for Nu Rho Psi, the national honor society in neuroscience. An induction ceremony for the Indiana Alpha chapter is scheduled for January 2013.
Undergraduate students who want to apply for Nu Rho Psi must have completed at least three semesters of the college curriculum and nine semester hours in neuroscience major courses, be registered as a neuroscience major, and have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.2 and a minimum GPA of 3.5 in neuroscience courses.
For questions or to apply, contact Dr. Lora Becker at 812-488-2532, firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by her office in Hyde Hall 205.
Nu Rho Psi was founded in 2006 by the Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience. The honor society’s purpose is to:
- encourage professional interest and excellence in scholarship, particularly in neuroscience;
- award recognition to students who have achieved such excellence in scholarship;
- advance the discipline of neuroscience; encourage intellectual and social interaction between students, faculty, and professionals in neuroscience and related fields;
- promote career development in neuroscience and related fields;
- increase public awareness of neuroscience and its benefits for the individual and society; and
- encourage service to the community.