Tuition and Financial Assistance
Tuition, Fees and Other Charges
- Tuition and fees for the 2015-16 academic year: $32,946.00.
- Room and board is approximately $11,240 depending on the choice of residence.
- Summer courses are charged per credit hour. The cost per credit hour for summer 2015: $490.00 plus registration and technology fees.
- Textbooks cost approximately $600.00 per semester.
- Students engaged in clinical internships assume the associated costs for tuition, travel, and lodging.
- Program fees (manuals, lab fees, cost for background checks, etc.) $150 annually.
Financial Assistance for Doctor of Physical Therapy Students
UE Students in both the 3+3 and the 4+3 models will receive their primary UE merit-based scholarship throughout undergraduate and graduate studies, as long as all renewal criteria are met. View full financial aid policy for UE Pre-Physical Therapy and/or Doctor of Physical Therapy students.
Second-degree-seeking students are students who have completed a bachelor's degree at another university, but plan to pursue the professional Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree at UE. If selected for admission into the DPT program, these students will be considered for a UE Academic Scholarship currently worth $10,000 per year when they enroll in the program. Students with a bachelor’s degree may borrow at the graduate level in the Federal Direct Stafford Loan and Grad PLUS Loan programs. This financial aid information also applies to students who earned a BS degree from UE but did not immediately continue in the DPT program. View more financial aid information for DPT Transfers.
For more information, call the Office of Financial Aid at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-8634. To apply for aid, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).
Financial Assistance for Physical Therapist Assistant Students
PTA students are eligible to be considered for all types of aid (merit-based grants, scholarships, loans) provided they attend full time and do not possess a bachelor's degree. The 2015-16 part-time rate for fall/spring semesters is $890 per credit hour + fees. Students who wish to borrow from the Federal Direct Loan Program have annual loan levels as first and second year undergraduates while pursing the PTA degree, regardless of credit hours earned. For more information call the Office of Financial Aid at 812-488-2364 or 800-488-9634. To apply for aid, students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Assistance (FAFSA).