Empowering queer/questioning youth and allies to discover their authentic selves and build a caring, supportive community of peers.
Spend a week living on campus at the University of Evansville for this first-of-its-kind summer camp! Build lifelong friends with incredible activities throughout the week while learning about social justice and activism. Hear powerful stories of LGBTQ+ history and heroes – and learn how to write your own story your way.
Knowledge is Power
Uncover the value and power in your identity and celebrate it at the end of the week in the inaugural Pride Camp showcase!
- Telling your own story
- Biology of sex and gender: What is it? What is it not?
- Future of LGBTQ+ concerns in politics.
- Exploration of LGBTQ+ topics in various fields of study.
- A reflection room
- Outdoor games and activities
Guest camp counselors and speakers include members of the Evansville community and UE professors from creative writing, biology, political science, and more.
* Please read the Youth Programs, Camps, & Conferences Handbook and Child Protection Policy found under the “Additional Forms” tab PRIOR to registering for programs, camps, and conferences. Please be advised there is a non-refundable $35 registration fee included in the price of each camp.
Our goal is to make PRIDE Camp accessible to students regardless of their ability to pay. Thanks to generous donations from private donors and sponsors, we can offer financial assistance to students who demonstrate need. If you are interested in receiving Financial Assistance, please complete the Financial Assistance Request Form BEFORE registering. Please allow up to two business days for your request to be processed. Because demand for assistance is great and funds are limited, we encourage parents/guardians to apply early.