Aces Opportunity Grant
With the Aces Opportunity Grant, freshmen entering in the Fall of 2023 who meet the following criteria will not pay any tuition out of pocket. No special application is needed to be awarded the Aces Opportunity Grant. It will automatically be offered to qualified Indiana students who meet the following criteria:
- Have a family adjusted gross income of less than $50,000
- Are eligible for free or reduced lunch as determined by the National School Lunch Act
- Are eligible for Indiana state grant funding
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 15, 2023
How It Will Work
UE will first combine the student's UE Scholarships, Indiana State Grant Funding, and Federal Grant Funding. Any remaining gap between this combined amount and full-time tuition and full-time fees will be covered through an Aces Opportunity Grant. In this way, UE ensures the student will have no out-of-pocket tuition costs.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Annually submit the FAFSA by April 15
- Meet credit hour requirements for on-time state award
- Continue to meet adjusted gross income criteria threshold reported on the FAFSA
For students meeting these requirements, UE will renew the Aces Opportunity Grant for a total of 4 years (8 fall/spring semesters total; excludes summer).
812-488-2364 or 800-424-8634
Room 105, Olmsted Administration Hall
Room 105G, Olmsted Administration Hall