Student Employment

There are over 300 student employment positions available on UE's campus. While first preference is given to students who have been awarded Federal Work-Study, there are also positions available to students who are not eligible for need-based employment.

Federal Work-Study

A Federal Work-Study (FWS) award of $2,000 is offered to students who have filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and show financial need after all scholarships, grants and loans have been awarded.

Earnings through FWS are funded by both the U.S. Department of Education and UE. A portion of the federal funding received is designated for student employment in community service positions. Since these jobs are generally located off campus, students may need to provide their own transportation.

UE Work-Study

Students not offered FWS may still qualify for a student employment position through UE Work-Study. Students are not required to file a FAFSA for UE Work-Study and may apply for student employment positions that are still available beginning the second week of the term.

Applying for Student Employment

Students may access all employment information by logging into Self-Service. The Student Employment section includes:

  • Positions Listing
  • Student Employment Application
  • Required Employment Forms: W-4, WH-4, I-9, Direct Deposit Authorization, and Data Security Form
  • Student Employment Pay Schedule
  • Other helpful documents and tips

To apply for open positions, students must complete the Student Employment Application and submit it to that department's student employment supervisor.

Employment orientation sessions are held at the beginning of each academic year to review completion of payroll forms, submission of time worked, and general student employment rules.