Scholarships for Transfer Students
The following scholarships are available for transfer students pursuing their first degree. For students entering graduate programs, please view our graduate student scholarship information.
UE Annual Scholarships
- Academic scholarships are determined based on the student’s cumulative grade point average earned at previous institution(s). Awards range from $10,000 to $25,000 per year.
Performing Arts Scholarships
- Students applying to programs within the Departments of Music or Theatre must audition to earn admission to the program and for scholarship evaluation.
- Performing Arts Scholarships are inclusive of performing arts talent, academic accomplishments, and activities and recognitions.
- Scholarship notification will be provided after student auditions.
Students are awarded one merit-based scholarship, whichever is the highest value.
Athletic scholarships are awarded at the discretion of each coach, based on criteria he or she establishes and in accordance with NCAA regulations. Renewal requires continued participation in the sport. The following sports offer athletic scholarships:
- MEN – baseball, basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, and swimming and diving, and track and field;
- WOMEN – basketball, cross country, golf, soccer, softball, swimming and diving, track and field, and volleyball.
- In limited cases under NCAA governance, a student may receive an athletic award in combination with a merit-based scholarship. In such cases, a 3.00 grade point average is required to renew the UE merit-based award. Most forms of UE-funded gift assistance are not available in combination with athletic scholarships.
Veterans Affairs Education Benefits
- Yellow Ribbon - UE has voluntarily entered into an agreement with the Department of Veterans Affairs to fund applicable tuition and fees that exceed the national maximum set annually by the Department of Veterans Affairs for eligible veterans or their eligible dependents using the Post 9/11 GI Bill®. The award is a combination of aid from UE and VA sources and supersedes any previously offered UE aid.
- Other - The University of Evansville certifies enrollment under other education programs. These VA benefits are coordinated with other financial aid.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
The following may be awarded in addition to your merit-based scholarship and will be coordinated with other financial aid.
Art Scholarship for Art majors – Students must submit an art portfolio to University of Evansville Art Department for consideration of scholarship.
Music Ensemble Participation Award for non-music majors – Students must complete an audition with the Department of Music by March 10 and demonstrate sufficient talent to participate in band, choir, or orchestra. Renewal requires continued participation in an eligible ensemble.
The total of all UE scholarships will not exceed the equivalency of full tuition. The University of Evansville reserves the right to update the amounts and criteria as deemed necessary.
812-488-2364 or 800-424-8634
Room 105, Olmsted Administration Hall
Room 105G, Olmsted Administration Hall