Ivy Tech Guaranteed Admission and $20,000 Scholarship
(For students entering UE in Fall 2023 or later)
The University of Evansville offers guaranteed admission and a minimum $20,000 Academic Merit Scholarship to Ivy Tech Community College students who complete an associate-level program and meet certain eligibility requirements.
Who is eligible for guaranteed admission?
Any Ivy Tech Community College student who completes an associate-level program, earns a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or higher, and graduates in good standing from Ivy Tech is eligible for guaranteed admission. Although general admission to UE is guaranteed, some programs have restrictions or additional requirements for entry into their particular programs. See below for more details.
Advantages of the Guaranteed Admission Program
Academic Merit Scholarship
If you are admitted through the Guaranteed Admissions Program, you will receive a minimum of $20,000 Academic Merit Scholarship per year for full-time study at UE. Based on your GPA at Ivy Tech, you may even qualify for more. See a listing of Academic Merit Scholarship levels for transfers.
Additional Transfer Scholarships
Additional scholarships are available to transfer students, including:
- Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society Scholarship
- Legacy Award (for children and grandchildren of UE graduates)
- Visit Scholarship
- FAFSA Filing Award
- Early Application Scholarship
See a full listing of scholarships for transfer students.
Smooth Transfer Process
Become familiar with the UE transfer staff and academic advisors who will facilitate a smooth transfer process and ease your transition to UE.
Welcome to the UE Community
Receive a UE Community Perks Card at the time of admission as a welcome to the UE community. The Perks Card offers benefits and exclusive discounts such as free tickets to UE Theatre productions, complimentary meal in the campus dining hall, discounted athletics tickets, and UE bookstore discounts.
Restrictions and Additional Requirements
- To be admitted, you must submit your application.
- To qualify for the $20,000 Academic Merit Scholarship, you must be enrolled full-time at UE.
- Music and Theatre require an audition for admission into the program.
- Nursing, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, and Computer Engineering require further review of academic credentials before admission is granted to these programs.
- The following direct entry programs are only open to incoming freshmen and are excluded from the Guaranteed Admission Program:
- Baccalaureate to Physician Assistant
- Direct Entry Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Baccalaureate to Doctor of Medicine
Ivy Tech transfer students who want to pursue careers as physician assistants, physical therapists, or medical doctors may email Cherie Leonhardt in the Office of Admission to learn how they can best prepare for these fields.
Articulation agreements help you make the most of your Ivy Tech credits!
By following one of the articulation agreements UE has established with Ivy Tech, you can move seamlessly from Ivy Tech and maximize the credits that will count towards your UE degree. Programs with articulation agreements include:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science (Ivy Tech)
- Criminal Justice (Ivy Tech)
- Elementary Education (Ivy Tech)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Ivy Tech)
- Civil Engineering (Ivy Tech)
- Electrical Engineering (Ivy Tech)
- Mechanical Engineering (Ivy Tech)
- Submit your application for admission to the University of Evansville during your final semester or after graduation.
- Submit official college transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Be on track to earn an associate degree from Ivy Tech prior to enrolling at UE.
University of Evansville Contact
Mrs. Cherie Leonhardt
Manager of Transfer Admission
Room 104, Olmsted Hall