Certifications and Rankings
The University of Evansville is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois, 60604-1411
In addition, specific programs offered by the University of Evansville are accredited by their appropriate specialized professional organizations. Accreditation by professional organizations informs the public that the specific program has met standards of quality established by that profession.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Association of Schools of Music Commission on Accreditation
- Indiana Department of Education*
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Indiana State Board of Nursing
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant has granted Accreditation – Continued status to the University of Evansville Physician Assistant Program sponsored by the University of Evansville.
*By virtue of specialized program accreditation in engineering, nursing, education, physical therapy, and athletic training programs at the University of Evansville, students meet the minimum standards to sit for professional licensure examinations in these professional disciplines.
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- American Chemical Society
- American Music Therapy Association
- National Council State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
- State of Indiana
The University of Evansville is authorized by name in statute as an approved institution of higher education in the state of Indiana. In full compliance with federal rules, please contact the Indiana Commission for Higher Education following the steps outlined here for Indiana's higher education complaint resolution process.
- Ashoka Designation - The University of Evansville has been designated as a Changemaker Campus by Ashoka U for its role as a leader in social innovation and changemaking in higher education. UE is the first Changemaker Campus in Indiana and one of fewer than 50 in the world.
- Recognized as one of America's Top Colleges by Forbes
- Named a 2022-2023 College of Distinction for student engagement, great teaching, vibrant community, and student outcomes
- Also recognized for the academic areas of business, education, engineering, and nursing; and efforts in career development, military support, and equity and inclusion
- Ranked the #5 Best Regional University in the Midwest for 2022-2023 by U.S. News & World Report
- Top 30 in the Nation for Financial Aid ( LendEDU)
- Recognized for having one of the lowest student loan default rates not only in the state of Indiana, but also in the entire country ( LendEDU)
- Ranked as one of the nation's Best Colleges for your Money by Time's Money Magazine
- Study Abroad Program Ranked #1 in America by BestCollegeReviews.org
- The Wall Street Journal has ranked UE in the Top 20 best colleges for student engagement in 2020 and 2021.
- One of just 171 across the nation named to the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society 2022 Transfer Honor Roll for transfer-friendliness
- Top 5 percent among master's granting universities according to Washington Monthly
- Ranked 7th as the most affordable bachelor's in data science for 2020 by Data Science Degree Programs Guide
- Consistently ranked in the top 20 nationally among master's institutions for percentage of undergraduates studying abroad by the Institute of International Education.
- Named one of the nation's most “Military Friendly Schools” by Victory Media/ G.I. Jobs
- Ranked a Top 50 Best Affordable College for Music Therapy by Affordable Colleges
- Named to the President's 2014 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, recognizing exemplary commitment to service and volunteering
- UE Ranked a Top 100 Best College for Veterans by College Consensus