Certifications and Rankings
The University of Evansville is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
The Higher Learning Commission
230 South LaSalle Street, Suite 7-500
Chicago, Illinois, 60604-1411
In addition, specific programs offered by the University of Evansville are accredited by their appropriate specialized professional organizations. Accreditation by professional organizations informs the public that the specific program has met standards of quality established by that profession.
- Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET
- Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET
- National Association of Schools of Music Commission on Accreditation
- Indiana Department of Education*
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing
- Indiana State Board of Nursing
- National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
- The Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant has granted Accreditation - Provisional status to the University of Evansville Physician Assistant Program sponsored by the University of Evansville.
*By virtue of specialized program accreditation in engineering, nursing, education, physical therapy, and athletic training programs at the University of Evansville, students meet the minimum standards to sit for professional licensure examinations in these professional disciplines.
- University Senate of the United Methodist Church
- American Chemical Society
- American Music Therapy Association
- National Council State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA)
State of Indiana
The University of Evansville is authorized by name in statute as an approved institution of higher education in the state of Indiana. In full compliance with federal rules, please contact the Indiana Commission for Higher Education following the steps outlined here for Indiana’s higher education complaint resolution process.
- Study Abroad Program Ranked #1 in America by BestCollegeReviews.org
- Accounting and Finance programs ranked #1 in the nation among small colleges by Master of Finance Degrees
UE is recognized highly in many categories of the 2018 U.S. News & World Report’s rankings:
- #3 Best Value Regional Universities: Midwest
- #9 Best Regional Universities: Midwest
- #4 Best Business Programs among Small Private Universities
- #22 Best Engineering Programs (no doctorate) among Small Private Universities
- #7 Most Military Friendly Schools
- Best Colleges for Study Abroad
- Top Midwest School for International Students
- #7 in the Nation on Washington Monthly’s list of Top 100 Baccalaureate Colleges and a “Best Bang for the Buck” Midwestern College
- Named one of the nation's top 100 best value private colleges by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
- Named one of 158 “Best in the Midwest” universities by The Princeton Review
- #311 on Forbes’ list of America’s Top Colleges
- Consistently ranked in the top 20 nationally among master’s institutions for percentage of undergraduates studying abroad by the Institute of International Education.
- Named one of the nation’s most “Military Friendly Schools” by Victory Media/G.I. Jobs
- Named to the President's 2014 Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll, recognizing exemplary commitment to service and volunteering
- Named one of the nation's top 120 colleges for veterans by Military Times (UE was one of only 17 private schools included in the rankings of 86 four-year institutions)
- Ranked in the top 28% in Money's list of best colleges