UE's High School Changemaker Challenge
UE is proud to host the 2nd annual Global and VIRTUAL Changemaker Challenge, once again made possible by our generous partners at Toyota. Any high school junior or senior in the world can compete to win a 4 year, full tuition scholarship to the University of Evansville by submitting their idea to make the world a better place.
Top 20 Finalist for the 2022 UE High School Changemaker Challenge Announced!
In no particular order...
- Intertwined Financial Literacy: Kerry Ao and Naina Muvva
- Genocide Education Project: Max Roberts
- STEM Expo: Madelyn Tarvin and Hannah Adison
- Vol-Grad: Cody Bunch
- The Hydration Station: Jack Deig
- Create Art Mobile for Children: Anika Paranjape
- Universal Unique Designs: Vivian Galey
- ThrifZ: Braelyn McKenzie and Emma Thompson
- Driving for Change, Sensory Inclusion: Tyler Myers
- Garden-Way: Jet Gregory
- The Wholesome Forest: Elliott Fosterwelsh
- Project CuRe: Sabreen Hussain
- Restore and Rebuild: Faith Field
- Uptown Gardens: Neva Verbik
- Do You Mind?: Brooke Williard
- Teach the Educator: Save our Future: Alison Gansman
- Produce Prescription Program: Carlie Hayward
- Additive Affordable Prosthetics: Zeke Grant
- Improving Academic and Physical Success: Lydia Jourdan and Madison Schenk
- Every Body Helps: Emmett Bowman
The Top 20 Finalists will compete on January 25th in person at the University of Evansville. The winner of the FULL TUITION Scholarship will be will be announced that day.
- November 18, 2021 – Informational session, virtual (how to attend)
- December 8, 2021 – Registration closes
- December 15, 2021 – Top 20 announced on website by 5:00 p.m.
- January 19, 2022 – Support on slide design
- January 24, 2022 – Dress rehearsal (on campus) 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- January 25, 2022 – Final round and winners announced
- Any high school junior or senior
- Individual or team entries allowed (teams can be up to 3 people)
- No limits on number of entries from a school
- Home school and club entries also allowed (Scouts, Boys and Girls Club, 4-H, etc.)
- Able to attend the January 25 final round in Evansville, Indiana. No virtual option. It will be held in person. If you can get to UE on that date (from anywhere), you can compete!
SPECIAL BONUS CATEGORIES: Teams may be able to receive special prizes for ideas that fall in the following areas (more information will follow in the trainings). Any program, service, product, or idea that:
- Increases girls’ access and exposure to science fields (Example: a summer camp on UE’s campus for girls interested in Physics).
- Works to address or mitigate climate change in our region (Example: decreasing air pollution, more rooftop gardens, etc.).
- Increases access to physical activity or health options (Example: more dance classes in schools, more recesses, more parks or green spaces, fitness trails, more smoothie bars, creative outdoor play options, etc.).
- Provides creative ideas that improve quality of life in Evansville’s Promise Zone.
All competitors will receive access to support from the Center for Innovation & Change through FREE training and connections to faculty experts. Training dates on left, additional support provided. Contact Brooksie Smith to RSVP.
- ROUND 1:
Submit your up to 2-minute video to Brooksie Smith by December 8, 2021.
- ROUND 2:
Top 20 teams will deliver pitches in person on campus at UE on January 25, 2022.
The winning students who choose UE as their college destination will receive the following scholarships:
|1st place||FULL TUITION†|
|2nd place||$23,000 SCHOLARSHIP|
|3rd place||$18,000 SCHOLARSHIP|
*Students eligible for more than one UE scholarship will receive the one of highest value.
†Students winning first place will receive a full-tuition scholarship annually for four years. Winners are required to live on campus (otherwise it will be the value of tuition minus $10,000). The student must remain consistently enrolled full-time each semester, maintain satisfactory academic progress toward their degree, display progress toward fulfilling their Changemaker Challenge project goals, and fulfill the three-year residency requirement in on-campus housing. (Note: students electing to move off-campus in the fourth year will be subject to a scholarship reduction). UE admission requirements apply.