The University of Evansville offers health education and wellness programs intended to assist students in making healthy lifestyle choices during their college careers and beyond. These programs cover topics pertinent to typical college life and are intended to educate students on prevention and intervention strategies. Topics include: substance abuse, sexual health, stress management, mental health and wellness, and sexual assault prevention.
The Coordinator of Health Education and Wellness also assists the Office of the Dean of Students in conducting risk assessments and interventions for violations of the Student Code of Conduct. This collaboration ensures students are provided an opportunity for support and education following a violation.
For presentation requests or questions about programming, please contact Jennifer Hargus, LCSW, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or the Office of Counseling Services at 812-488-2663.
Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Resources
- It’s On Us: Sexual Assault Awareness Campaign
- Albion Fellows Bacon Center: Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Support
- Matthew 25: Prevention and Treatment of HIV/AIDS
- Aids Resource Group: Prevention Education and Support for those living with HIV/AIDS
- Vanderburgh County Health Department: Public Health Services
- Centers for Disease Control: National Health Protection Agency
Substance Abuse Resources