Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Room 252, Koch Center for Engineering and Science
Dr. Maxwell Omwenga is the Program Director of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Evansville (UE). Before joining UE, he worked as a Data Science Researcher with the Networked Intelligence Laboratory at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. His areas of expertise include machine learning, cyber-physical systems, and edge computing. He is an award winner of the Technology Symposium 2019 and a member of Sigma Xi. He is particularly interested in using methods of modeling, simulation, optimization, and machine learning to solve real-world complex sequential decision problems. Dr. Maxwell has published research papers in a variety of prestigious journal and conferences, such as, IEEE Internet of Things Journal, IEEE International Conference on Communications, ISSAT International Conference on Data Science & Intelligent, African Conference for Software Engineering and Applied Computing, IEEE International Conference on Industrial Internet, IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration and EAI International Conference on Mobile Multimedia.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Computer Science, The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 2021
- Master of Science (MS) in Data Communication and Software Engineering, Makerere University, Uganda, 2012
- Bachelor of Science (BSC) in Computer Science, Makerere University, Uganda, 2006
- Professional Membership:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Sigma Xi
- Google Map Maker
- M. M. Omwenga, D. Wu, Y. Liang, D. Huston, and T. Xia, “ScanCloud: Holistic GPR Data Analysis for Adaptive Subsurface Object Detection,” IEEE International Conference on Information Reuse and Integration for Data Science, June 2021.
- M. M. Omwenga, D. Wu, Y. Liang, L. Yang, D. Huston, and T. Xia, “Cognitive GPR for Subsurface Object Detection Based on Deep Reinforcement Learning,” IEEE IoT Journal, January 2021.
- M. M. Omwenga, D. Wu, Y. Liang, L. Yang, D. Huston, and T. Xia, “Autonomous Cognitive GPR Based on Edge Computing and Reinforcement Learning,” IEEE ICII, November 2019.
- W. Rice, M. M. Omwenga, Dalei Wu, Yu Liang, “Enhanced Underground Object Detection with Conditional Adversarial Networks,” ISSAT, August 2019.
- D. Wu, M. M. Omwenga, Y. Liang, L. Yang, D. Huston, and T. Xia, “Edge Computing Cognitive Portable Ground Penetrating Radar” MobiMedia, June 2019.
- D. Wu, M. M. Omwenga, Y. Liang, L. Yang, D. Huston, and T. Xia, “A Fog Computing Framework for Cognitive Portable Ground Penetrating Radars,” IEEE ICC, May 2019.
- M. M. Omwenga, J. Sansa, and A. Lumala, “Robust Mobile Cloud Services Through Offline Support,” IEEE ACSEAC, September 2012.