- Students who have taken French, Spanish, and German in High School are required to take a placement test before arriving at their SOAR date. Instructions for how to take the placement test have been sent via email from Admissions. Students must choose a language before the test will populate in Blackboard. If you experience technical problems with Blackboard, please contact the Office of Technology Services at email@example.com for assistance.
- Students who have received a 4 or a 5 on a French, Spanish, and German AP test will place into French, Spanish, or German 311. Students who get a 4 or a 5 on both the Spanish Literature AP test and the Spanish AP test will place into Spanish 311 and get 3 UE elective credits (not Spanish course credit).
- Students who believe they have not been placed at the appropriate level should contact the foreign languages department.
- For students seeking to document proficiency in a language not offered at UE, LTI, Clep, AP test scores, and other college accredited proficiency exams are accepted as documentation of language proficiency pending Registrar and Department approval.
- For international students who have not gone to high school in the US, the TOEFL exam counts.
Foreign Language Proficiency Test Chart
For more information, please contact Marisa Knox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Room 350, Olmsted Administration Hall