Gas Leak in Village Properties
Staying Safe in the Dark
A few of our Village properties are equipped with gas appliances. In the event that you smell natural gas (rotten egg) please follow this procedure:
- Leave the apartment/house immediately and call the Office of Public Safety from a safe distance.
- Upon exiting, leave doors/windows open for ventilation.
- DO NOT use a telephone in the apartment.
- DO NOT light any matches or other open flame sources.
- DO NOT turn on any electrical switches or appliances "ON" or "OFF."
- DO NOT attempt to re-enter the building until you are informed it is safe to do so by approved University personnel.