Tailgating Policy for Varsity Athletic Events
Tailgating is allowed prior to scheduled varsity athletic department contests, including Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Softball and Baseball. Individuals wishing to tailgate prior to a scheduled UE varsity athletic department contest are subject to the following guidelines:
- The University of Evansville adheres to all federal, state and local laws regarding possession, distribution, and consumption of alcohol. Individuals participating in tailgating activities at UE are expected to conduct themselves in a respectful manner, including following the directives of event staff and UE Safety and Security staff.
- Individuals attending events at the University of Evansville are expected to conduct themselves in a manner respectful of the nature and character of the University. Individuals acting in a disruptive manner may be asked to leave the premises by the UE Safety and Security staff or University officials. University of Evansville students who violate this policy may also be charged with a violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Underage consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted under Indiana state law.
- Tailgating is allowed only in Lots H or O. Tailgating must take place within the fenced parking area without obstructing the flow of traffic within the parking lot.
- Student organizations are not allowed to sponsor tailgating events.
- Alcohol on campus is limited to beer, malt beverage, wine cooler, or hard cider (not to exceed 8% alcohol) and wine (not to exceed 15% alcohol).
- No kegs or other bulk dispensing of alcohol is permitted unless served by an insured licensed vendor with the express permission of the University of Evansville.
- For safety reasons, consumption of all beverages should be from opaque plastic cups/plastic bottles. Glass bottles are expressly prohibited. Tailgating fans are expected to dispense all alcoholic beverage into an opaque plastic cup/plastic bottle.
- Drinking games (including, but not limited to beer pong and other table games) and the use of devices intended to accelerate the consumption of alcohol (including, but not limited to funnels or beer bongs) are prohibited.
- Tailgating begins no earlier than one hour prior to the start of a game and ends one hour after the game has ended.
- Tailgating activities should cease at game time to ensure that UE Safety and Security and University officials can focus their attention inside the competition venue. Tailgating activities can resume at halftime, but fans should return to the competition venue for the second half.
- No outside beverages (alcoholic or non-alcoholic) or food is allowed to be brought into the athletic venues.
- Tailgating activities should not block emergency vehicles access to any part of any parking lot.
- All tailgating participants are expected to remove all trash and recycle appropriate containers when the game is over. The area should be returned to the same condition it was prior to the tailgating event.