Conversations About Race in America
Several events in 2020 have created social impacts that have a race dimension and are of significant concern to our UE community. Recognizing these concerns, the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion aimed to discuss these issues and how we can work together to address and overcome them. Chief diversity officer Rob Shelby, PhD held a series of Zoom webinars titled “Conversations About Race in America.” Each week, Shelby interviewed a UE colleague from a campus department to discuss current events, social issues, and race relations at both the local and national level.
While these discussions have since passed, the recordings of these thought-provoking webinars are available below for your viewing.
- Week 1 (July 8) – featuring Dr. Diane Brewer (Department of Theater)
- Week 2 (July 15) – featuring Dr. Val Stein (Department of Religion)
- Week 3 (July 17) – featuring Dr. Su Jin Jeong (Department of Public Health)
- Week 4 (July 29) – featuring Drs. Davies Bellamy & Amy McBride (Department of Education)
- Week 5 (August 5) – featuring Dr. Kevin Gray (Department of Law, Politics, and Society)
- Week 6 (September 6) – featuring Kyle Jones and Becca Patton (Student Christian Fellowship)