Fellow Scholarship Program
A program aimed at enabling a group of outstanding students of Black and Latinx populations to become part of UE's incoming freshman class as first-year students as a cohort. The program is success-driven, with focus points on academic success, overall wellness, and community impact.
- Scholarship: 4-year full-tuition scholarship to attend the University of Evansville.
- Cohort: Fellows become part of a cohort with shared interests and goals that progress through the Fellows program together.
- Support: Fellows are assigned an academic coach to aid in the transition to college. Fellows also have access to subject-specific tutors, supplemental instructors, academic success lab, writing center, counseling services, and career development.
Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria
- High School Qualifications: Candidates for the Fellow Scholarship must meet or exceed the University of Evansville's admission standards.
- Application: Candidates will be required to fill out an additional application specific for the Fellow Scholarship Program. This application will become available after you have received a positive admissions decision from the University. The application calls for the following and must be complete at time of submission:
- Four short answer questions
- One 500-word essay
- A resume or list of activities and involvement
- A letter of recommendation
- Interview: Candidates for the Fellow Scholarship will be invited to participate in a panel interview to assess the student's ability to be successful and contribute to the University of Evansville.
How to Apply
Admission to the University of Evansville's Fellow Scholars Program is a dual process. To apply for the FSP scholarship, students must have first been admitted to the University of Evansville through the general admission process.
Use the same log-in information you used to apply to UE.
Submit the University of Evansville undergraduate admission application and high school transcript to the University of Evansville Office of Admission no later than January 1, 2022. All majors are eligible to apply test optional for Fall 2022 aside from the direct programs and the B/MD Program. Please contact the Office of Admission if you have questions about applying test optional
Submit the separate Fellow Scholars Program Application no later than January 16, 2022. Application includes a space for you to upload a resume or list of involvement and activities, letter of recommendation and an essay addressing Changemaking in the context of diversity, equity and inclusion. All aspects of the application are required to be uploaded at time of submission. The application cannot be saved, so it is recommended to work offline on your essay questions in a word document and copy and paste them in when ready.
After applications have been processed, the Fellow Scholars Program Committee will invite qualified applicants for an interview. After applicant interviews, the UE FSP Committee will select qualified candidates for recommendation of acceptance into the UE Fellow Scholars Program.
Fellow Scholar Requirements at the University of Evansville
- Pre-College Virtual Summer Program: Includes cohort meetings, transition to college topics and summer read with honors program
- First Semester: Weekly cohort meetings with an advisor for credit through the Discussion 110: Student Success Strategies course
- Second Semester: All cohort members will enroll in a pre-selected by an advisor ChangeLab course
- Second Year: All scholars must complete the ACEPathway Certificate through the Center for Career Development
- Throughout all four years as a scholar students must engage in sponsored FSP programming including study tables, large group meetings, social events and more.
Continuing Program Eligibility
GPA: Maintain a minimum UE cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Full-time Status: Maintain full-time student status (enrollment and completion of at least 12 credit hours per semester).
Progress Reports: Provide periodic progress reports for all enrolled courses and updates on how they are developing as changemakers at the University of Evansville.
Housing: All first- and second, and third-year Fellow Scholars are required to live on campus. Please note that if students choose to move off-campus senior year, there will be a $10,000 reduction in scholarship.
Fellows must meet at least one of the following requirements before fall semester of senior year:
- Service Requirement. Complete 30 community service hours per academic year.
- Scholarly Contribution. Conduct individual scholarly research and present the research during a predetermined campus event
- ChangeLab. Complete 6 credit hours in ChangeLab courses prior to graduation.
If you have questions, contact Rob Shelby PhD, Chief Diversity Officer and Fellows Scholar Program Director, at email@example.com or 812-488-5268.