Fellow Scholarship Program
A program aimed at enabling a group of outstanding students of underrepresented racial and ethnic populations to become part of UE’s incoming freshman class as a cohort group. The program is success-driven, with focus points on academic success, overall wellness, and community impact.
- Scholarship: 4-year full-tuition scholarship to attend the University of Evansville. $5000 of this scholarship will go toward on-campus housing costs.
- Cohort: Fellows become part of a cohort with shared interests and goals that progress through the Fellows program together.
- Support: Fellows are assigned an academic coach to aid in the transition to college. Fellows also have access to a life coach, subject-specific tutors, supplemental instructors, academic success lab, writing center, counseling services, and career development.
Eligibility Requirements and Selection Criteria
- High School Qualifications: Candidates for the Fellow Scholarship must meet or exceed the University of Evansville’s admission standards.
- Interview: Candidates for the Fellow Scholarship will be invited to participate in a panel interview to assess the student’s ability to be successful and contribute to the University of Evansville.
How to Apply
Admission to the University of Evansville’s Fellow Scholars Program is a dual process. To apply for the FSP scholarship, students must have first been admitted to the University of Evansville through the general admission process.
Use the same log-in information you used to apply to UE.
Submit the University of Evansville undergraduate admission application and high school transcript to the University of Evansville Office of Admission no later than January 15, 2021. All majors are eligible to apply test optional for Fall 2021 aside from the Direct Entry Physician Assistant path and the B/MD Program. Please contact the Office of Admission if you have questions about applying test optional
Submit the separate Fellow Scholars Program Application no later than January 15, 2021. Application includes a space for an essay addressing Changemaking in the context of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Submit one letter of recommendation from someone at your school: counselor, teacher, principal, coach, etc. Recommendations should be emailed by recommender directly to Dr. Rob Shelby at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by January 15, 2021.
After applications have been processed, the Fellow Scholars Program Committee will invite qualified applicants for an interview. After applicant interviews, the UE FSP Committee will select qualified candidates for recommendation of acceptance into the UE Fellow Scholars Program.
Fellow Scholar Requirements at the University of Evansville
Discovery Courses: Once enrolled at the University of Evansville, Fellow Scholars are required to successfully complete the Fellow Scholars Transformative Action and Student Success Strategies courses. These courses are designed to help students explore their passion, purpose, and path to success.
Continuing Program Eligibility
GPA: Maintain a minimum UE cumulative GPA of 2.5.
Full-time Status: Maintain full-time student status (enrollment and completion of at least 12 credit hours per semester).
Progress Reports: Provide periodic progress reports for all enrolled courses and updates on how they are developing as changemakers at the University of Evansville.
Housing: All first- and second-year Fellow Scholars are required to live on campus. Please note that if students choose to move off-campus junior and/or senior year, the $5000 housing portion of the scholarship will not be awarded.
Fellows must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Service Requirement. Complete 30 community service hours per academic year.
- Scholarly Contribution. Conduct individual scholarly research and present the research during a predetermined campus event
- ChangeLab. Complete 6 credit hours in ChangeLab courses prior to graduation.
If you have questions, contact Rob Shelby PhD, Chief Diversity Officer and Fellows Scholar Program Director, at email@example.com or 812-488-5268.