Dr. Brian Swenty
Professor, Mechanical and Civil Engineering
Koch Center for Engineering and Science, Room 268A
Professor Swenty is professor of mechanical and civil engineering at the University of Evansville. He has been on the faculty at UE since 1993.
- PhD in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla.
- Graduate, Engineer Officers Basic Course, US Army Engineer School.
- MS in Civil Engineering, University of Florida.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Missouri-Rolla
- Program Director & Chief Engineer, Dam and Reservoir Safety Program, Missouri Department of Natural Resources, Rolla, Missouri.
- Senior Civil Engineer, Stottler, Stagg, and Associates, Architects, Engineers, and Planners, Inc. Cape Canaveral, Florida.
- Officer, United States Army, Branch-Corps of Engineers
- Hydraulic Engineering (Open Channel Hydraulics)
- Hydrologic Modeling
- Geotechnical Engineering (Slope Stability)
- Dam Safety
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Society of American Military Engineers
- American Society for Engineering Education
- Association of State Dam Safety Officials
- Chi Epsilon
- ABET, Inc.
- Phi Kappa Phi
Licensed Professional Engineer:
Recent Refereed Conference Publications with Presentations (Full Paper Review):
- Swenty, B.J., Swenty, M.K., “The Impact of EAC-ABET Program Criteria on Civil Engineering Curricula,” Proceedings of the 2018 ASEE Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, June 2018
- Swenty, M.K., Swenty, B.J., “Professional Licensure: The Core of the Civil Engineering Body of Knowledge,” Proceedings of the 2017 ASEE Conference, Columbus, OH, June 2017