In the last two years, 100% of those students eligible to work got jobs in their field after graduation. A significant group of alumni have formed their own successful companies, proving the department’s dedication in promoting entrepreneurship. The following list of companies has employed UE graduates:
- Crane Naval Surface Warfare Center – the 3rd largest naval installation in the world
- Whirlpool Corporation (Benton Harbor, MI) – the world’s leading manufactures and marketer of major home appliances
- The Boeing Company, St. Louis – aerospace company and the largest manufacturer of commercial jetliners and military aircraft combined. Boeing also designs and manufactures launch vehicles, rotorcraft, satellites, missiles and advanced information, defense, and communication systems.
- Northrop Grumman Corporation – Designer, systems integrator and manufacturer of military aircraft, defense electronics, precision weapons, commercial and military aerostructures.
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing, Indiana, Inc. (Princeton, IN) – automotive industry
- Western Digital (Irvine, CA) – large producer of disk drives and memory systems
- iRobot Corporation (Massachusetts) – Famous for the Roomba and other robotic devices for the home.
- Alcoa Warrick Operations (Evansville, IN) – major producer of aluminum
- CIHOLAS, Inc. (Evansville, IN) – Contract research and engineering of complex electronic systems.
- Flanders Electric (Evansville, IN) – a world leader in large electric motors.
About 20% of UE graduates go directly to graduate school and complete a PhD. Graduates have gone on to attend graduate school at universities such as:
- Cornell University
- Tufts University
- University of Illinois
- University of Wisconsin
- University of Missouri
- Indiana University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Iowa State University
- Duke University
- Purdue University
- Vanderbilt University
- Notre Dame University
- Washington University in St. Louis
- University of Toronto