UE Homecoming to Feature Speakers on Law, Medicine, and History
Posted: Thursday, October 24, 2013
As part of Homecoming 2013 Reunion Weekend, the University of Evansville will host several speaker series events that are free and open to the community.
The following lectures are slated for Homecoming weekend, November 1-3:
• Sixth Annual Homecoming Alumni Speaker: Larry Mackey ’73 will present “Here Comes Our Pigeon” at 10 a.m. Saturday, November 2 in Eykamp Hall, Room 252 in the Ridgway University Center. Mackey, a trial attorney and partner at Barnes & Thornburg LLP in Indianapolis, will discuss his experiences as a UE student and a member of the Oklahoma City bombing prosecution team.
• Dr. Guy Banta Distinguished Lecture Series for Natural Sciences and Mathematics: Dr. Joshua Fessel ’99 will present “Bench to Bedside: Medical Research in the 21st Century” at 2:30 p.m. Friday, November 1 in Vectren Lecture Hall, Room 100 of the Koch Center for Engineering and Science. After graduating from UE, Fessel earned an MD and PhD from Vanderbilt University, where he is currently an assistant professor in the departments of medicine and pharmacology. He divides his time between patient care and research.
• Thomas C. Fiddick Memorial Lecture: Olivia Remie Constable, professor of medieval history and the Robert M. Conway Director of the Medieval Institute at the University of Notre Dame, will present “Changing Views of Islam in Spain Between the Middle Ages and the Early Modern Period” at 7 p.m. Friday, November 1 in Eykamp Hall, Room 251 in the Ridgway University Center.
- UE to Launch New Logistics and Supply Chain Management Program
- University of Evansville’s School of Education Achieved Seven Year Accreditation from the Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation
- Heidi Strobel receives a Pasold Research Fund grant
- University of Evansville to Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- More articles…