SPRINGBOARD is a three-week summer program provided by the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This program begins on July 8 and ends on July 25, and will take place from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. on Monday-Thursday. SPRINGBOARD serves as a way for students entering 7 th-12 th grade about growth opportunities that can impact their future. SPRINGBOARD focuses on:
- SELF (The Whole Person)
- (Mental) Health & Wellness
- Life Skills
- JOB SKILLS
- Job searches
- Application & Interview Process
- Etiquette & What It Means To Be Professional
- COLLEGE & CAREER READINESS
- Is college right for me?
- Finding a college to fit my needs
- College alternatives
- COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECT
- Volunteer experience
- Awareness of community and needs of its citizens
This program is designed to meet students where they are academically, mentally, emotionally, and economically to move them into the next phase of their futures while also supporting their community through community service.
Participants will grow to understand the importance of taking care of oneself and what steps are necessary to ensure that the “The Whole Person” is prepared for the next phase of their lives after high school. SPRINGBOARD participants will also attend the myL.I.F.E Youth Conference that is held in conjunction with SPRINGBOARD.
Students who register for SPRINGBOARD will automatically be registered for the myL.I.F.E. Youth Conference. Students have the option to register for myL.I.F.E. independently for a fee.
SPRINGBOARD FEE $450 ($150/a week*)
Fee covers the following expenses for SPRINGBOARD and myL.I.F.E. Youth Conference**:
- Lunch and snacks daily for SPRINGBOARD
- Transportation to community service sites and other local colleges
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during myL.I.F.E.
- Dorm accommodations for two-nights
- Adequate supervision
*Payment plans are available.
**Attending the myL.I.F.E. Youth Conference is not required but is highly encouraged. SPRINGBOARD fee will not be prorated for not attending the conference.
* Please read the Youth Programs, Camps, & Conferences Handbook and Child Protection Policy found under the “Additional Forms” tab PRIOR to registering for programs, camps, and conferences. Please be advised there is a non-refundable $35 registration fee included in the price of each camp.
Our goal is to make our youth programs, camps, and conferences accessible to students regardless of their ability to pay. Thanks to generous funding from Lilly Endowment Inc., we can offer financial assistance to students who demonstrate need. If you are interested in receiving Financial Assistance, please complete the Financial Assistance Request Form BEFORE registering. Please allow up to two business days for your request to be processed. Because demand for assistance is great and funds are limited, we encourage parents/guardians to apply early.