The Great Outdoors
"The Venturing Crew gives us the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors in new and exciting ways. It is a great way to meet new friends."
UE Venturing Crew 365 wants to make college an adventure. Pursue your outdoor interests by hiking, camping, cooking, boating, and exploring while earning a degree at the University of Evansville. Whether you are an experienced Boy Scout, Girl Scout, or Venturer, a high adventure outdoor enthusiast, or have never been camping before, we are the club for you. In addition to a variety of outdoor activities, crew members are also provided with opportunities to continue or start their Scouting experiences by volunteering with the local Boy Scouts of America Buffalo Trace Council.
The UE Venturing crew has organized many adventures over the last couple years, including:
- Backpacking in Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Daniel Boone National Forest
- Rock climbing at the Red River Gorge and Vertical eXcape Climbing Gym
- White water rafting on the Ocoee River
- Caving at Mammoth Cave National Park and Marengo Cave National Landmark
- Canoeing on the Blue River at O'Bannon Woods State Park and Bluegrass Fish & Wildlife Area
- Winter camping in Hoosier National Forest and Shawnee National Forest
- Snow skiing at Paoli Peaks Ski Resort