The University of Evansville Career Advocates are students leaders, selected by the academic deans, to provide outreach and initial career development support to students within the Colleges of Arts and Sciences and Education and Health Sciences. The Advocates meet with students seeking advice/support on career related topics such as, resume development, interview preparation, and job search. Advocates are conveniently available on a walk-in basis; no appointment necessary! Appointments, however, can be made by emailing a Career Advocate.
Virtual appointments available by emailing a Career Advocate.
Follow us on:
|12:00||Devon||Sue/Devon||Devon - 12:30|
|1:00||Devon - 1:30||Sarah||Sarah|
- Major: Management, International Studies
- Hometown: St. Louis, MO
- Biography: Always ready for adventure, Sarah Curtin is a world traveler and an active member of International Club. When she’s not planning out another dream vacation, you can find her curled up watching anime, K-drama, or all things Marvel. She is also a member of Venture Crew and the Honor’s College. This fall, Sarah is excited to start her newest adventure as a Career Advocate, and can’t wait to assist students along the way.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Major: Multimedia Communication/Marketing
- Minor: Anthropology
- Biography: Michael Furman is an outgoing, friendly, and strange person. When he isn't in classes, you can find Michael in all of the clubs he could manage to join on campus. He is an Orientation Leader, in the Student Activities Board, Quidditch Club, the Lightsaber Dueling Club, the Chess Club, Ballroom Dancing Club, etc. Michael is passionate about music, robotics, theater, neuroscience, and Star Wars, Marvel, Star Trek, and Disney. Don't ever hesitate to reach out to him, he loves every new experience, and making new friends.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hometown: Terre Haute, Indiana
- Majors: Communication and Political Science
- Fun Fact: Because her family loves engineering and robotics, Devon's puppy Otis is named after the man who invented the elevator!
- Biography: Devon is an optimistic, passionate, and team-oriented person who loves working with others to help them reach their goals. She's been involved in FIRST Robotics since she was nine, and still volunteers for the program. Devon hopes to work for FIRST as a STEM education lobbyist after graduation. In her free time, Devon loves to dance, read, write, and work on art projects like calligraphy and bullet journaling.
- Contact: email@example.com
- Hometown: Evansville, Indiana
- Major: Psychology
- Fun Fact: I have summited Mt. Kilimanjaro in Africa
- Biography: When she’s not spending time with her friends and family, Sue loves spending time with her dog, Juniper, and two guinea pigs, Daisy and Rose. She loves to read, dance, do yoga, and spend time in nature. Sue has also traveled a lot and enjoys experiencing different cultures and foods. She uses her social skills and enthusiasm to create connections with others and she hopes to put this to use as a career advocate. After graduation, Sue hopes to attend DPT school at UE.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org