The mission of the Center for Supply Chain Management (CSCM) is to foster educational excellence in the area of Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM), connect supply chain professionals to merging talent, increase knowledge enhancement through academic offerings, and cultivate opportunities to network with current and future supply chain professionals.
- Houses and supports the accredited Logistics and Supply Chain Management (LSCM) program
- Mentored and celebrates 2X National Conexus Case Competition Champions
- Awarded $90,000 in scholarships to LSCM students since 2017
- Facilitates and promotes current student employment opportunities in the Tri-State area. Desired median salaries proposed to students starting at $78,000 annual – excluding commission-based positions
- Emphasizes student paid internships as part of the degree program. LSCM students have obtained internships are Berry Global, MetroNet, T.J Max, and Accuride, among others.
- Annual tours at Toyota, Amazon fulfillment centers, and UPS, among other locations to emphasize experiential learning
- In process of offering certificates to current students and professionals.
The demand for LSCM majors is presently at an all-time high, so if you are interested in finding a steady, high-paying, and exciting job in the future, consider an LSCM career. LSCM employees oversee the important stages of a product's life cycle, including sourcing, allocation, production, distribution, and delivery.
The University of Evansville’s Center for Supply Chain Management consists of three main areas with core value propositions.
Provide academic learning opportunities for faculty and students. It is the mandate of CSCM to enhance the quality and scope of education in the LSCM field. The center strives to ensure current curriculum development and up-to-date academic content to present and future LSCM students and professionals.
Support students in their academic goals through required professional development, mentoring, and improved onboarding skills. Train students to gain additional soft skills that will help to be able to contribute to LSCM organizations more quickly. Apart from promoting academic excellence, CSCM seeks to offer opportunities to prepare UE students with skills to help them be set apart from their competition in the marketplace for jobs and promotions.
Foster connections and community between students and LSCM professionals. Provide networking opportunities for industry partners and students through internships and placements.