The following books are available for use in the Gerontology Resource Center.
- No Place Like Home: A History of Nursing and Home Care in the United States, Karen Buhler-Wilkerson, 2001.
- Comprehensive Geriatric Assessment, Daniel Osterweil, Kenneth Brummel-Smith and John C. Beck, 2000.
- Gerontological Protocols for Nurse Practitioners, Jeri B. Brown, Nancy K. Bedford, Sarah J. White and James S. Powers, 1999.
- A Means to an End: The Biological Basis of Aging and Death, William R. Clark, 2002.
- A Guide for Nursing Home Social Workers, Elise M. Beaulieu, 2002.
- The Clock of Ages: Why We Age – How We Age – Winding Back The Clock, John J. Medina, 1996.
- Medical Care in the Nursing Home, Second Edition, Joseph G. Ouslander, Dan Osterweil and John Morley, 1997.
- Spiritual Care for Persons with Dementia: Fundamentals for Pastoral Practice, Larry Vandecreek, Dmin editor, 1999.
- Psychological Problems of Ageing: Assessment, Treatment and Care, Edited by Robert T. Woods, 1999.
- Caring for Patients at the End of Life: Facing an Uncertain Future Together, Timothy E. Quill, 2001.
- Final Gifts: Understanding the Special Awareness, Needs, and Communications of the Dying, Maggie Callanan and Patricia Kelley, 1992.
- What Dying People Want: Practical Wisdom for the End of Life, David Kuhl, MD, 2002.
- The Nature of Suffering and the Goals of Medicine, Eric J. Cassell, 1991.
- Dying Well: Peace and Possibilities at the End of Life, Ira Byock, MD, 1997.
- Women at Midlife: Life Experience and Implications for the Helping Professions, Ski Hunter, Sandra S. Sundel, and Martin Sundel, 2002.
- Counseling the Older Adult: A Training Manual in Clinical Gerontology, Second Edition, Patricia Alpaugh McDonald and Margaret Haney, 1988.
- Senior Living Communities: Operations Management and Marketing for Assisted Living, Congregate, and Continuing-Care Retirement Communities, Benjamin W. Pearce, 1998.
- Aging and Social Work: The Changing Landscapes, Edited by Sharon M. Keigher, Anne E. Fortune and Stanley L. Witkin, 2002.
- Alzheimer's Activities: Hundreds of Activities for Men and Women with Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders, B.J. FitzRay, 2001.
- Saving Social Security: A Balanced Approach, Peter A. Diamond and Peter R. Orszag, 2004.
- Pocket Guide to Gerontologic Assessment, Third Edition, Annette G. Lueckenotte, 1998.
- There's Still a Person in There: The Complete Guide to Treating and Coping with Alzheimer's, Michael Casteman, Dolores Gallagher-Thompson, PhD, and Mathew Naythons, MD, 2000.
- Alzheimer's – Finding the Words: A Communication Guide for Those Who Care, Harriet Hodgson, 1995.
- There's No Place Like (a Nursing) Home: 4 Powerful Steps That Will Change Your Life, Karen Shoff, MSW, MSG, LUTCF, 2002.
- Clinical Gerontological Nursing: A guide to Advanced Practice, Second Edition, Joyce Takano Stone, Jean F. Wyman and Sally A. Salisbury, 1991.
- When Someone You Love Needs Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or In-Home Care: The Complete Guide, Robert F. Bornstein, PhD, and Mary A. Languirand, PhD, 2001.
- Medical Care of the Nursing Home Resident: What Physicians Need To Know, Edited by Richard W. Besdine, Laurence Z. Rubenstein and Lois Snyder, 1996.
Room 61, Schroeder School of Business Building