The Ethics Program
The ethics minor requires 18 hours of course work, including 6 hours of required course work, 9 hours of additional courses, and an ethics integration project. A highlight of this minor is the senior project, in which students can choose to do a traditional research thesis or a service-learning project.
Required Course work (6 hours)
- PHIL 121 Introduction to Ethics
- REL 201 Religious Ethics
Additional Courses (9 hours — complete three of the following courses)
- PHIL 241 Science, Technology and Society
- PHIL 301/459 Seminar in Philosophy
- PHIL 316 Environmental Ethics
- PHIL 317 Bioethics
- PHIL 321 Social and Political Philosophy
- PHIL 450 Feminist Philosophy
- REL 305 Bible and Justice
- REL 350 God, Suffering and Evil
- REL 445 Religion, Peace and Justice
- CJ 440 Criminal Justice Ethics
- COMM 485 Media Law and Ethics
- EXSS 310 Sport Law and Ethics
- HIST 438 War, Death, and Memory
- HSA 406 Jurisprudence and Ethics in Health Care
- Other courses (especially special topics or discussion courses) may potentially count toward the minor with the approval of the Director of the Ethics Program.
ETH 499 Ethics Integration Project (3 hours)
Required of all ethics minors, the Ethics Integration Project provides opportunity for the integration of the academic study of ethics with a specific ethical problem, usually connected to one's major field of study or to a service-learning project.