Learning Outside the Classroom
Through internships and research in areas across the physics spectrum, UE's physics students have numerous opportunities to gain practical experience, making them more prepared to succeed. Learn more...
UE's physics department offers a rigorous curriculum covering all major branches of the science. Students cap their time at UE by participating in an independent research project supervised by one our faculty or by participating in the NSF Research Experience for Undergraduates program at a major research university.
Benefits of the UE physics program:
- Undergraduate research alongside faculty members through UExplore Undergraduate Research or other research programs
- Close interaction with faculty, small class sizes, and extensive hands-on lab experience
- The use of state-of-art facilities
- Great preparation for graduate school in physics or related field
- Experience of working as a UE lab assistant, supplemental instructor, or physics tutor while also earning money
- Connecting with other students by being a member of the Society of Physics Students