A degree in physics is a key to many doors. The majority of physics majors choose to continue their education beyond the University of Evansville. In fact, more than 90% of our students are admitted to graduate school.
Those that have chosen to enter the world of work find themselves building interesting and satisfying careers. Here are a few places that have employed our alumni:
- National Institute of Standards Technology (NIST) in Boulder, CA
- Micron Technologies (an Intel subsidiary)
- Google, Inc.
- Vectren Energy Systems
- Plasmonics, Inc. (production of optical materials)
There are many excellent places to find job listings that are relevant to physicists. Below are the most popular.
- American Physical Society
- NASA Career Opportunities
- Physics World
- Physics Today
- American Institute of Physics
Interested in attending graduate school? Check out Graduate School Shopper, a search engine for graduate schools for different fields of interest.