Posted: October 16, 2019
Clark Kimberling, professor of mathematics, has a research article in the Journal of Integer Sequences. The article is entitled "A Combinatorial Classification of Triangle Centers on the Line at Infinity." The classification is based on barycentric coordinates that are polynomials, especially when the polynomials represent points on a special line in the extended plane of a general triangle, known as the line at infinity. The article, downloadable as a pdf, shows how several sequences in the Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences surprisingly occur in connection with points indexed in the University of Evansville-based Encyclopedia of Triangle Centers.
- UE Opens Shanklin Theatre Season with the Classic Tale "The Three Musketeers"
- UE's Annual Chili Bowl Sale to be Held October 17 at 11:30 a.m.
- UE Announces Mark Marchino, PT, DPT, MHS, as Director of Clinical Education
- University of Evansville to Host Webelos Engineering Pin Day
- Founder and CEO of the Empowerment Plan to Speak at UE’S Snyder Lecture on October 29
- UE Offers Review Course for Fundamentals of Engineering Exam
- UE to Offer UExplore Engineering Program
- UE Announces New Nurse Anesthesia Program Slated to Begin January 2021
- University of Evansville Announces new Director of Alumni and Parent Relations
- UE Invites Community to Majors and Minors Fair on October 16
- Dr. Guy Banta Distinguished Lecture Series in Physics — Friday, October 18 at 3:00 p.m.
- Edwards/Redekopp, piano — Friday, October 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Three Musketeers — Friday, October 18 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Three Musketeers — Saturday, October 19 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Three Musketeers — Sunday, October 20 at 2:00 p.m.
- Alan Snow, violin — Tuesday, October 22 at 7:30 p.m.
- High School Changemaker Challenge — Wednesday, October 23 All-day event
- The Three Musketeers — Thursday, October 24 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Three Musketeers — Friday, October 25 at 7:30 p.m.
- The Three Musketeers — Saturday, October 26 at 7:30 p.m.