Performance psychologist Noa Kageyama to present workshop
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2016
Special guest performance psychologist Noa Kageyama will be offering a series of clinics on Friday, October 14, in Wheeler Concert Hall. All sessions are free and open to the public.
Topics will include:
- 9:00 a.m. - Energy: How to beat performance anxiety and play your best when it counts
- 10:30 a.m. - Focus: How to quiet your inner critic and get into the zone
- 1:00 p.m. - Courage: How to get past your fears and doubts and perform fearlessly under pressure
- 2:30 p.m. - Preparation: Practice techniques to help you thrive under pressure
Students and community members are invited to attend these sessions and learn various techniques for utilizing sport psychology principles to perform up to their abilities under pressure.
Kageyama serves on the faculty of The Juilliard School and the New World Symphony. Also a conservatory-trained violinist with degrees from Juilliard and Oberlin, his understanding of performance pressure and excellence come from his own experiences on the concert stage from the age of two. Through 23 years of training, complete with television and radio appearances, solo performances with orchestra, and international competitions, he experienced first-hand the discipline, hard work, and perseverance it takes to reach an expert level of performance - as well as the frustration of performing poorly at the worst possible moments.
Kageyama's work has been featured in media outlets ranging from The Wall Street Journal to Lifehacker, and he has provided seminars for institutions and organizations such as the New England Conservatory, US Armed Forces School of Music, Perlman Music Program, Starling-Delay Symposium, Music Teachers' National Association, and the National Association for Teachers of Singing.
- UE Physician Assistant Graduates Achieve 100 Percent Pass Rate on Licensure Exam
- University of Evansville Ranked Among the Top 100 Best Colleges for Veterans
- University of Evansville Ranked Among the Top 50 Best Affordable Colleges for Music Therapy
- Holly Carter Appointed Interim Principal for Harlaxton College
- More articles…