UE Works to Help St. Joseph Students Make Transition after Campus Closure
Posted: Tuesday, February 7, 2017
The University of Evansville, located in Southern Indiana, is working to provide an easy transition for students displaced after St. Joseph's College closure. St. Joseph’s announced on February 3 that it would suspend academic activities on its Rensselaer, Indiana, campus at the end of the spring 2017 semester.
"We open our doors to students looking for a place to continue their education after St. Joseph's closure," said Shane Davidson, UE vice president for enrollment services. “Transferring to the University of Evansville from St. Joseph would be an easy process.”
"At UE, we offer many programs similar to what has been offered at St. Joseph’s,” Davidson explained. “The University of Evansville has the oldest continuously accredited nursing program in Indiana. It has a large and welcoming international population. UE also has the comfort of a small, liberal arts college that many St. Joseph's students will find familiar."
UE has committed to providing the following assistance to St. Joseph’s students:
- No application fee.
- Priority application processing.
- Personalized articulation agreement between UE and St. Joseph’s for all degree-seeking transfer students.
- Significant transfer scholarships to any student in good standing wishing to transfer.
UE is also willing to fund/sponsor a group of students to visit campus and/or to send a team of admission, financial aid, and academic staff to Rensselaer.
“As a fellow Independent Colleges of Indiana institution, our goal is student success,” said UE president Tom Kazee. “We offer that success to any St. Joseph student needing to transition to finish their degree.”
For more information on transfer options to the University of Evansville afforded to St. Joseph’s students, please contact UE’s director of admission, Kenton Hargis, at 812-488-2142 or KH88@evansville.edu.
- UE Theatre 2018-19 Season Continues with "Colony Collapse"
- UE to Participate in CIC’s Annual Diversity, Civility, and Liberal Arts Institute
- UE’s Environmental Sustainability Challenge Accepting Proposals from Public
- UE Ballroom Club Partners with Academy of Flamenco Arts, Dapper Pig, and Lamasco Bar to Present Valentine’s Day Flamenco Show
- More articles…