Students looking for accelerated coursework will find options in the time between the end of fall semester and the beginning of spring, when UE faculty teach online courses that can help lighten your spring course schedule.
The University of Evansville offers Winter Intersession courses in the time between the end of the fall semester and the beginning of spring. These accelerated courses offer students the opportunity to:
- Take a course online to earn credits towards graduation
- Lighten your spring course schedule
- Complete missing requirements
The Winter Intersession runs from Friday, December 15, 2023 - Saturday, January 6, 2024. Registration will begin Monday, October 30, 2023.
Students may register for one Winter Intersession course.
- Students must be in good standing with the University.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- Courses may be cancelled for low enrollment. In such an event, you will be notified by the instructor and will receive a 100 percent refund.
- Students may register for one Winter Intersession course.
- Registration begins online on Monday, October 30, 2023.
- Payment is due in full by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, December 14, 2023.
- The last day to add a Winter Intersession class via Self Service is Wednesday, December 13, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. Classes added after 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 13, 2023 must be processed in the Office of Academic Services and paid for at the time of registration.
- The last day to add or drop without a “W” grade is Monday, December 18, 2023 at 5:00 p.m.
- The last day to drop with a “W” grade is Tuesday , January 2, 2024 at 5:00 p.m. After this date, the grade for discontinuation of attendance will be an “F.”
If your Winter Intersession class is the final credit you need to complete a degree requirement, you will be eligible to participate in the Spring Commencement ceremony on Saturday May 4, 2024.
Tuition and Fees
Winter Intersession student account activity will be reflected on the UE student's Self-Service portal.
- 2023 costs:
- Tuition: $590 per credit hour
- Winter Intersession fees:
- $50 Registration fee
- $42 Technology fee
- $50 Distance Learning fee, per course
- The last day to drop a Winter Intersession course and receive a 100 percent refund is Thursday, December 14, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
- Dropping on Friday, December 15, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. will result in a 75 percent refund.
- Dropping on Saturday, December 16, 2023 by 5:00 p.m. will result in a 50 percent refund.
- No refund after Saturday, December 16, 2023.
No UE scholarships, employee dependent aid, or UE athletic scholarships are available for the Winter Intersession. Financial aid is limited to loan funds (federal student loans, the Parent PLUS Loan, or a private student loan) for UE degree-seeking students who are enrolled as regular students in the fall semester and who plan to take a Winter Intersession course. For financial aid purposes, the Winter Intersession is considered part of the fall semester. You must be enrolled in both the fall semester and Winter Intersession in order for your cost of attendance (COA) budget to be increased. The COA for Winter Intersession is based on your specific enrollment and includes components for tuition, fees, and a book allocation of $50 per credit hour.
If you are seeking loan funds, complete the Winter Intersession Financial Aid Application and return to the Office of Student Financial Services by Monday, November 20, 2023. Contact the Office of Student Financial Services (812-488-2364) if you have questions about aid eligibility.