Students looking for accelerated course work will find options in the time between the end of fall semester and the beginning of spring, when UE faculty teach online courses that can help lighten your spring course schedule.
The University of Evansville offers Winter Intersession courses in the time between the end of the fall semester and the beginning of spring. These accelerated courses offer students the opportunity to:
- Take a course on-line to earn credits towards graduation
- Lighten your spring course schedule
- Complete missing requirements
The Winter Intersession runs from Friday, December 17, 2021 - Saturday, January 8, 2022. Registration will begin Monday, November 1, 2021.
Students may register for one Winter Intersession course.
- Students must be in good standing with the university.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- Courses may be cancelled for low enrollment. In such an event, you will be notified by the instructor and will receive 100% refund.
- Students may register for one Winter Intersession course.
- Registration begins online on Monday, November 1, 2021.
- Payment is due in full by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
- The last day to add a Winter Intersession class via Self Service is Wednesday, December 15, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. Classes added after 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 15, 2021 must be processed in the Office of Academic Services and paid for at the time of registration.
- The last day to add or drop without a “W” grade is Monday, December 20, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
- The last day to drop with a “W” grade is Monday, January 3, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. After this date, the grade for discontinuation of attendance will be an “F.”
If your Winter Intersession class is the final credit you need to complete a degree requirement, you will be eligible to participate in the Spring Commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 7, 2022.
Tuition and Fees
- The last day to drop a Winter Intersession course and receive a 100 percent refund is Thursday, December 16, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
- Dropping on Friday, December 17, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. will result in a 75 percent refund.
- Dropping on Saturday, December 18, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. will result in a 50 percent refund.
- No refund after Saturday, December 18, 2021.
Winter Intersession student account activity will be reflected on the UE student’s Self-Service portal.
- $570 per credit hour, plus winter fees of $50 (registration), $35 (technology), and a $50 distance learning fee, per course.
No UE scholarships, employee dependent aid, or UE athletic scholarships are available for the Winter Intersession, but some students may have eligibility for student or parent loans.
If you are seeking aid, complete the Winter Intersession Financial Aid Application and return to the Office of Student Financial Services by Monday, November 15, 2021.