Students looking for accelerated course work will find options in the time between the end of fall semester and the beginning of spring, when UE faculty teach online courses that can help lighten your spring course schedule.
The University of Evansville offers Winter Intersession courses in the time between the end of the fall semester and the beginning of spring. These accelerated courses offer students the opportunity to:
- Take a course on-line to earn credits towards graduation
- Lighten your spring course schedule
- Complete missing requirements
The Winter Intersession runs from December 13, 2019 - January 4, 2020. Registration will begin October 28. Students may register for only one Winter Intersession course.
- Students may register for only one Winter Intersession course.
- Students must be in good standing with the university.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- Courses may be cancelled for low enrollment. In such an event, you will be notified by the instructor and will receive 100% refund.
- Registration begins online on Monday, October 28, 2019.
- Payment is due in full by 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 11.
- The last day to add a Winter Intersession class via Self Service is December 11 at 4:00 p.m. Classes added after 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 11 must be processed in the Office of the Registrar and paid for at the time of registration.
- The last day to drop without a “W” grade is December 13 at 5:00 p.m.
- The last day to drop with a “W” grade is December 20 at 5:00 p.m. After this date, the grade for discontinuation of attendance will be an “F.”
If your Winter Intersession class is the final credit you need to complete a degree requirement, you will be eligible to participate in either the Fall Commencement ceremony on December 12, 2019, or in the Spring Commencement ceremony on May 9, 2020. Please let the Registrar’s office know which ceremony you choose.
Tuition and Fees
- The last day to drop a Winter Intersession course and receive a 100 percent refund is Thursday, December 12, at 5:00 p.m.
- Dropping on December 13 by 5:00 p.m. will result in a 75 percent refund.
- No refund after December 13 at 5:00 p.m.
- Winter Intersession student account activity will be reflected on the UE student’s monthly billing statement.
- $550 per credit hour, plus winter fees of $50 (registration), $35 (technology) and $50 (distance learning).
No UE scholarships, employee dependent aid, or UE athletic scholarships are available for the Winter Intersession, but some students may have eligibility for student or parent loans.
If you are seeking aid, complete the Winter Intersession Financial Aid Application in the Office of Student Financial Services by Tuesday, November 19, 2019.